What's new

missing polygons

little_dogus1

whos yo daddy
I recently got a new graphics card and now there are missing polygons. I think it is due to the hsr. any help?

p3 450
128 ram
yamaha sound card
direct x 8
3d prophet 4000xt 32

RadeonUser

little_dogus1 said:
I recently got a new graphics card and now there are missing polygons. I think it is due to the hsr. any help?

Please show us a screenshot of what you mean and tell us what games are affected.

HSR = Hidden Surface Removal
(for those that don't know)

Last edited:
OP
little_dogus1

little_dogus1

whos yo daddy
missing polys

The game that i am refering to is zelda64. it is a kyro1 chipset, and it almost works with 1.3(the sky will occasionaly dissapear in triangles), and i will try to have a screenshot either by tomorrow or monday. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. Im not sure if this will help, but what i was refering to was that the polys would dissapear to soon. The ground underneath you is missing. and the sky dissapears and the people dissapear.

The settings that worked for me in the 1.3 plugin were the following, internal transforms and all boxes unchecked. I messed with 1.4s settings quite a bit but it didn't seem to affect it.

Also just a little sidenote, when i am in a dungeon or a town i get incredible speed, but when i go into a field it slows down. Anyone know what causes this? I would say that there is more area to render but I have HSR(hidden surface removal). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RadeonUser

That sounds normal for that card, I'm not too sure however, I was typing something out, but.... Emutalk gave me an error when I was uploading something and erased my post... I'll re-do it in a while, I need you to do something for me, then I can tell you if the KYRO is any good with Jabo's 1.4 plugin.

OP
little_dogus1

little_dogus1

whos yo daddy
One more thing

hsr is working great in the 3d games that you would normally use with a computer, so i dont think that it is the drivers.

Reznor007

Well, the drivers work with normal PC software because PowerVR puts in lots of game specific settings in the registry(can't remember the reg key). One for Jabo's plugin would have to be setup to fix small details, such as bin size, internal/external Zbuffer, and other settings. You might want to send an email to PowerVR about it.

Reznor007

Oh, since you only have a 450MHz CPU, PJ64 will go fairly slow sometimes in general.

In towns, there is lots of opaque overdraw, which the Kyro cards are good at removing. However, in the field, it is a large open area, and the only objects around are trees, which are made from alpha textures, which the Kyro can't remove since the area behind the object has to be rendered so the blend will be accurate.

RadeonUser

Ok, I finally got everything in the right order...

Download this and run it.

Now, go to( I added to slashes to seperate the keys):

/Hardware Emulation Layer/

/Microsoft Direct3D Hardware Acceleration Through Direct3D HAL (Direct3D HAL/

/TextureOpCaps/

Make sure it's on TextureOpCaps, now click on File, and Print subtree to file.

The file saved to wherever you ran dxcapsviewer from. It's named dxview. You want to copy whatever is in there and paste it here.

OP
little_dogus1

little_dogus1

whos yo daddy
info you requested

TextureOpCaps
DISABLE Yes
SELECTARG1 Yes
SELECTARG2 Yes
MODULATE Yes
MODULATE2X Yes
MODULATE4X Yes
ADD Yes
ADDSIGNED Yes
ADDSIGNED2X Yes
SUBTRACT Yes
ADDSMOOTH Yes
BLENDDIFFUSEALPHA Yes
BLENDTEXTUREALPHA Yes
BLENDFACTORALPHA Yes
BLENDTEXTUREALPHAPM Yes
BLENDCURRENTALPHA Yes
MODULATEALPHA_ADDCOLOR Yes
MODULATECOLOR_ADDALPHA Yes
MODULATEINVALPHA_ADDCOLOR Yes
MODULATEINVCOLOR_ADDALPHA Yes
BUMPENVMAP Yes

RadeonUser

Ok, everything seems good... Your only problem is HSR right? (Or so you believe)

Have you tried changing video plugins? Options, Settings, Graphics (Video) Plugin. Change it to Jabo's Direct 6.

Royal Fool

Your resident know-it-all
RadeonUser said:
Emutalk gave me an error when I was uploading something and erased my post...

This may be off-topic:
Use Opera 6.0. It's far superior to Internet Explorer and Netscape. It also stores all text boxes that you've filled in, no matter how much time has passed. It should fix your problems if you're having trouble with uploading sometimes.

Opera Website

RadeonUser

Royal Fool said:

This may be off-topic:
Use Opera 6.0. It's far superior to Internet Explorer and Netscape. It also stores all text boxes that you've filled in, no matter how much time has passed. It should fix your problems if you're having trouble with uploading sometimes.

Opera Website

I'm way too dependent on IE's features, I've tried Opera and DID NOT like it. The problem was simple, I was trying to upload an executable file, I did not realize Emutalk does not allow those file types to be uploaded.

Besides, a browser is personal preference with newer, stabler O/S, and a few hundred megs of ram :colgate:

OP
little_dogus1

little_dogus1

whos yo daddy
Thanks for all the help

thanks again for all the help, is there any settings that you would recomend? I have played around with it quite a bit

Reznor007

Re: info you requested

little_dogus1 said:
TextureOpCaps
DISABLE Yes
SELECTARG1 Yes
SELECTARG2 Yes
MODULATE Yes
MODULATE2X Yes
MODULATE4X Yes
ADD Yes
ADDSIGNED Yes
ADDSIGNED2X Yes
SUBTRACT Yes
ADDSMOOTH Yes
BLENDDIFFUSEALPHA Yes
BLENDTEXTUREALPHA Yes
BLENDFACTORALPHA Yes
BLENDTEXTUREALPHAPM Yes
BLENDCURRENTALPHA Yes
MODULATEALPHA_ADDCOLOR Yes
MODULATECOLOR_ADDALPHA Yes
MODULATEINVALPHA_ADDCOLOR Yes
MODULATEINVCOLOR_ADDALPHA Yes
BUMPENVMAP Yes

You may want to try new drivers. The Kyro should support DotProduct3 texture blending also, and I don't see it listed.

As for what settings to change...look into the windows registry and try to find where it keeps all of it's game settings. There should be a key with several program names in it, and each will have several settings, perhaps messing around and making one for the plugin would work, but try to contact PowerVR.