What's new

Memory Card Setup

HiReZ92

I wanted to know the steps for setting up the emulators memory card because every time I start up a game it says there is no memory inserted when trying to save a game. I just need the steps on setting one up so I can save my games

OP
H

HiReZ92

If your talking about the VMS data browser I am there but don't know what to do. How should I approach the configuration and what are the steps?

Mouser X

JKKDARK said:
Go to the bios screen and format the memory cards.
That is not the VMS browser. He means, startup Chankast with no CD images loaded, or mounted. In the menu that appears, there's a VMS card in the upper right hand corner. Select it, and once inside, start pressing buttons. You'll find that the available options are few, and limited. So, from there, you should hopefully be able to figure it out yourslef.

Also, be sure to check your controller's configuration. You need to make sure that the controller in slot 1 (or is it controller port A?) has at least 1 VMU in one of the two available slots (I have a rumble pack in one, and a VMU in the other). As far as the VMS browser goes, it's actually somewhat useless, unless you plan on importing saves you've downloaded of the internet. Hope that helps. Mouser X over and out.

OP
H

HiReZ92

Thanks a lot Mouser X, I kind of new to the whole Dreamcast emualtion because of the fact that I just started it out and don't know my way around yet. That definitely cleared things up for me.