What's new

Mario Party 3 crashes after start

Tiger1

Immediately after the screen goes black and the game should star Mario Party 3 crashes. It seems to have a good checksum and is named Mario Party 3 (U). Please write me if you need more information

OP
T

Tiger1

I'm pretty sure, I havn't scanned with goodN64, but the file is green and that means that it has a good checksum, else it would show bad rom.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
no no no
you must use GoodN64. the match is only on the crcs, not the whole rom.
we were thinking about adding rom verification to pj64 but for now (and since v1.0) everyone must use goodn64 themselves. you only have to do it once, and as long as your storage media is alright you'll be fine.

OP
T

Tiger1

maybe you could write in the rules check with goodN64 before post a bug because it could be a wrong rom. I'll go out and try goodN64

Edit: don't know how goodN64 works, it is shown in P64 as Mario Parts (M4), plese tell me if you need more information about the rom.

I have tried other roms (from a site I know they have only good roms), in Project 64 it crashes and in 1964 it works fine. Maybe I should mention I have the newest Project64.rdb. I have the same settings like on start, only turned on the Anisotropic filter and the Antialiasing, I have disabled the filters and it crashes as well.

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
easy with the post button

have you read the rules & documentation?

1) the rules do say use GoodN64
2) the rules also strongly hint not to talk about ROM downloading
3) we don't care if it works in 1964, that's not the issue. you have to start with verified roms or we can't go anywhere.

i have help on my site and pj64 docs about how to use goodn64. please go read.

OP
T

Tiger1

sorry, I said it works in 1964 to state it must be a good rom because I couldn't verify with goodN64 nothing more.

OK, I got it now. I have tested 2 Roms which are named by goodN64 Mario Party 3 (U)! and Party 3 (E) (M4)! hope that helps

Last edited:
OP
T

Tiger1

If anyone is interestet, I have found a solution for the problem. It seems it crashes every thime I use Jabos Direct INput 7 1.6. I f I use the Nrage plugin the game works for me, can someone verify that? Hope it helps

OP
T

Tiger1

I don't understand why it happens on my PC... I'm happy I found a way to play it. Maybe its my Joypad driver or something else...

imc

I have the same problem.

I've used goodn64 to verify. It is a good rom.

I'm using Jabo's D3D8 1.6, Jabo's Directsound 1.6, and N-rage's DirectInput 8 V2 1.83 (which version of N-rage did you use, tiger?).

System:

Athlon 64 +3000
ATI Radeon 9600XT
1 Gig Ram

EDIT: This is really bizarre, but switching to Jabo's D3D6 got it to work, and now it works on Jabo's D3D8 as well, even with the same settings as before...

Last edited:
OP
T

Tiger1

I used the one which is includet in the install package of Project64 1.6. It crashes only on my PC if I use Jabos controler plug in, don't know why.I have includet a txt of the report Windows XP wants to report to microsoft after the crash. Does this help to identify the problem?

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
Weird...Just weird!

And this ONLY happens with Mario Party 3?
Sorry I can't really help. It works as well as the real thing on my pc.