What's new

Mario Party (1, 2 and 3) Problem

Slipknot

The game runs quite slow, but that isn't a real problem because it's slightly. However, a few mini-games take at least an hour to complete because it goes VERY slow at those, and that's the real problem.

A DirectDraw6 Error.log file has been made. I looked into it and found:

[3:11:47 PM 1/8/2006] Error 0x887601C2 - Error deleting zbuffer attachment
[5:42:52 PM 1/8/2006] Error 0x887601C2 - Error deleting zbuffer attachment
[5:55:10 PM 1/8/2006] Error 0x887601C2 - Error deleting zbuffer attachment
[7:30:24 PM 1/8/2006] Error 0x887601C2 - Error deleting zbuffer attachment
[1:23:00 PM 2/8/2006] Error 0x887601C2 - Error deleting zbuffer attachment

So I went run, typed in DxDiag and started the test. Everything was okay. Than, I looked for information on the internet. Those steps didn't work, so it's probably a problem with the emulator.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Error deleting zbuffer attachment is not important, according to jabo. i think.

which mini games are a problem? if you can attach a state for one that might help us help you.

OP
S

Slipknot

To Typify:

System Specs: Intel Perntium III (3) Processor with 930MHZ and 512MB of RAM (I hope this is what you want)
A Good Rom: Yes
Extra Settings: The default

To Smiff:

I don't remember the name, but the 2 VS. 2 bonus mini-game from Mario Party 2 in which you are in a car with a magnet, and have to drag coins, bags with coins and the big casket to your hole was easily the most horrible mini-game, it was by far the slowest. Bombsketbal from MP1 if I'm correct? was also very annoying. Some others were very slow as well but do-able.

Luckily, most mini-games go on the same speed as I have on the board, just a slight bit slower. I have also noticed that older versions run a bit faster but still not good enough (I don't ask for support for the older versions, though, because there's no support for anymore). V1.4 ran the fastest but I don't know how that version runs when I'm on the board, because that's my least popular version (a bit of the game runs out of the screen under it, meaning I don't see what happens under it).

Omar

Omar
well.... magnet carta... i think it's slow in all computers (in the mine it lasted 23 minutes when it should last 30 seconds)...
you have a slow computer and... you should'nt expect full speed for all minigames...