What's new

Mario Golf - Graphics Issues

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
With Jabo's latest Video plugin (1.5.1), there are some issues that are not reported in the GameFaQ. Here is a picture of them.
Sorry about the picture quality.

dazey238

I know what you mean about the rain, I've had the same issue on both of my machines (one equipped with a GeForce Ti4200 and the other with onboard Intel 845G/GL chipset). Don't know what to suggest I'm afraid, I tried everything too!

Seeing as this is a Mario Golf - Graphics Issue thread, I may as well ask about this problem as well. Despite what the GameFAQ says about the Missing grid, I CAN get it to appear on the machine equipped with the Intel 845G/GL chipset, but not on the GeForce. Any one else have this problem? Following the advice about this game from other threads (Turn on Self Rendered Textures, Use low res updates), I can get the game running at almost full speed on the Intel 845 equipped machine. Trouble is - it's my machine at work!

Jabo's 1.5.1 plugin is the best for this game, as none of the others can display all the graphics correctly. It's SOOOO almost there - anyone out there with some more suggestions?

dazey238

Oops, forgot to say about the sky - make sure that the ONLY options you have ticked in the plugin are 'Self Rendered Textures' and 'Use low res updates'. One of the options in Jabo's plugin turns the sky black, but I can't remember which one it is.

The sky is black by default on most of the other plugins I tried.....

dazey238

I think the rain animation is only supposed to be appearing at a few random points on the grass/ground rather than over the entire screen - it's like that checkerboard effect that some people get in Paper Mario.....

I get that effect as well, on both my machines, although it doesn't seem to happen as much when you're lining up your shot....

OP
Nick_kidid0

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
yes, the rain is supposed to be just about 1-2metres infront of the player. btw. black sky issue was fixed when i loaded a save state.. weird?