What's new

MAME oX 84b for XBox question

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Anyone know...

Will I need to use CLRMame and the regular MAME 084b version to create my romset for the XBox version?

I can't seem to find a DAT anywhere for this so I was hoping to do it like this.

Also if I do need the MAME 084b version, where can I get it?

mame.net appears to stop in the 060's

Thanks for any help on this.

OP
L

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Thank you.

Rebuilding now using 084. I had not been able to find any info on this anywhere, maybe just me not Googling properly?, but anyway I'll post back once I know for anyone else wanting to know.

OP
L

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
OK found a different emulator called MAMEdoX (note the "d" in the name) which does in fact include a DAT for clrmame. However I had already completed the 084 set and have been happily emulating with regular MAMEoX no plans to test this other one.

Anyway I mention this offhand for anyone else searching just further their info. Might be others like me new to the XBox scene since it has become affordable considering I went the PS2 way instead initially. Just couldn't handle both money wise previously.

Also I noted the other emualator, not just because of the DAT file included, but it's slightly newer then MAMEoX (03/08/05 VS. 08/27/04).