What's new

Low Lines Flash NDS Compatibility List

OP
L

Low Lines

Of course!!! The more insane someone is, the more sense they make....It's the sane ones that you gotta watch :shifty: ;) lol

OP
L

Low Lines

Some great news on my project here...I am now officially several hours into in my mid-semester holidays and I am very proud to say I have already got the Search Functions working in my project (it actually only took like 20 mins, I was so surprised!!). Here's a screenshot showing it me searching for any titles with the word "Mario" in it.
View attachment 32863
Also I plan on using the next week to get the rest done....This includes:
- Listing Sorting Options (ie Alphabetical, Playability, etc)
- Other Listing Options (such as only displaying one type of region)
- Credits
- All the cover images formatted to JPEG (both Thumbnail and 450x405 pixel sizes)
- Anything else I can either do or think of in that time!!

So hopefully within a weeks time when people go to my web space that has been so generously offered by Martin, they see my work in as I had planned it to be more than 6 months ago.

OP
L

Low Lines

Thanks man....I can always rely on Rockmangames for some positive feedback....:flowers: lol

Second day and I now also got some neato sorting functions in place, including alphabetical, numerical (though this requires some more work in my XML data files), and a playability option that sorts games according to their playability level....Though I have found there to be some bugs with any new functions I add to it, which is what makes all the fun!!! So I'll keep my project private until I am sure I got it all working fine.....

A major set back is the amount of XML data I gotta type up now, considering there is well over 400+ games now and all. But I am separating the data into separate files (ie rom release info in one, game info in another) and I just import this data automatically into an array contained within the flash program (yes i am calling it a program)....Believe me it is a LOT easier on the eyes when you only have about 4 nodes a game in one file, cos I think I have anywhere up to 12 nodes per game and if you times that by the number of games cos each node requires its own line....you got a lot of lines there!!

I am very happy at how easy it has been for me to add things...because normally you'd expect such things to be stubborn and refusive but I guess that some 6 months ago I had planned on that and coded it so I wouldn't have that problem!! Sorry, getting a bit big-headed there....heh heh.....I am just glad it's working for me, or well for now at least.

I'll post more information on it as it comes....

davidpoiu

Yeah, great design of the list! Still there's various games who aren't in the list (like Dragon Booster and Ashpalt Urban GT), but... well, I understand than there's more than 450 games to test;)

OP
L

Low Lines

Yeah I will also point out it hasn't been updated for 6 months. And even then it wasn't completely finished either. But give me I think a week tops and you'll be able to see. :bouncy: One guy can only do so much.

OP
L

Low Lines

Right....small update (this time in the appropriate thread):evil:

Sorting Options implemented are:

Aphabetical & Serial

I did have numerical but I found because there were multiple cases where a 2 or more rom releases for the same game serial caused problems ie 0037 Super Mario 64 DS (U) & 0056 Super Mario 64 DS (U). I'm gonna do up a rom release database once I can get the compatibility one sorted....which will be like a spiced up version of PocketHeaven with ordering/sorting options.

There is also an ordering option so you can sort games according to Playability.

I am having a spot of trouble adding custom playability viewing options...Where for example you'd choose only to display games with "Playable" playability...but I'll work that out sooner or later. ;)

Most of the bugs are fixed to my knowledge, though there's still a lot of stuff I wanna add to it to make good use of the database's capabilities...where sites like PocketHeaven lack in ordering and that....

I am right now writing up fresh XML compat lists for iDeaS 1.0.0.8 & DeSmuME 0.3.3 & 0.3.4 which will be up-to-date according to the threads in this forum and the help of Rockmangames who makes my job a hell of a lot easier....(Thanks man!!)

Once I have those written up, I'll upload the new and improved database to my webspace as well as a new flash based website I am currently designing....though this will mean people will be required to update their Flash Plugin to Flash 8 (sorry about that) I will probably keep the HTML version until I can do up a nice clean one....

Also I am looking at compiling a Flash 7 version of the compat list....though this will mean I will have to be picky with what fonts I choose as the current fonts look rather shitty without Flash 8 rendering features enabled.

Mostly it's just trying to get everything done at once and in a short amount of time because although I do have about a months long holiday....I do expect something to happen or I might want to do other things that clearly have cobwebs on them by now :( !! LOL

Hopefully it'll all be up and running PROPERLY by Monday...though I can't guarantee my own speed.

OP
L

Low Lines

Just a small visual preview again (nothing all that much) just showing off the stylish presentation I've got going in my Flash Project. AND now I finally got my creadits in place :D

View attachment 32964
This is my About page that has detailed information on both the emulator and the XML compat list itself.

View attachment 32965
My credits :)drool: ) I've linked everybody up to their profile pages at EmuTalk.net to save me the tedious effort of doing up custom ones. Plus I've been a bit busy and prepared up pplz avatars for my list...Sorry if anyone has a problem with me changing them a bit or anything but I want to keep to a strictish layout/format so it's all neat and that (ie 60x60 pixels etc) but when I do release it and anybody got a problem with their avatars.....send me a PM and possibly either tell me not to include you with an avatar or send me your own 60x60 pixel one.

View attachment 32966
Here's just some evidence of some of the sorting functions now implemented into my database. The newly added decending order function I stumbled across while I look at the help files (Flash has like it's own dictionary of all the actionscript code) The only thing I haven't worked out how to do is sort by playability but in reverse 5-1, atm it does that but also games are sorted from Z-A. I'll work it out anyway LOL

Also both lists are up to date, at current the last new game addition is 0475 - Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest....so I am really proud to say I am not longer lagging behind like I normally do.

Now in case anyone's wondering, the only reason why it's not up yet is because I am working on a nice Flash Web (also XML based) to save me the tedious stuff around with HTML and those dispicable tables :x

Luckily I am just doing the finishing touches like pictures and colour wonderful colour :evil: LOL

Hmm maybe it'll be up late Wednesday early Thursday (depending on your region times) but from now on it REQUIRES Flash 8 Plugin for web browsers. Also on this matter, I think this project will only be for Windows users, until at least I compile a downloadable version that is self contained so it will run on any Operating System (sorry Linux pplz :teehee: )

Last edited:
OP
L

Low Lines

Site Updated....everything is fixed (to some extent) and now everybody can have a personal look at my project and it's progress from a simple HTML table page....

Only minor problem is that I uploaded all my thumbnail covers into the wrong folder :( and the stupid thing won't let me move them...means I got to reupload the lot of them AND on dial up....

http://llref.emutalk.net

Last edited:

GaryCXJk

To be honnest, there is nothing on that site, based on the preview, which can't be done in normal HTML, with some PHP knowledge. It's also more old-pc friendly, because it takes less CPU.

Seriously, there can be better alternatives.

OP
L

Low Lines

1. I am lazy
2. I like flash
3. I am encouraging using flash (yes I am a freak)
4. I don't know much to any PHP
5. I like to be very artistic with my visual presentation

I am very glad though someone can just look at it, and say it can be done in another coding language (makes me want to try harder ;)). But anyway what's wrong with pulling away from typical databases on the internet?? I want to be different :evil: LOL

But can I ask?? Can PHP be compiled into an EXE and run like a program?? Because that will be my next step, compiling a self contained Flash Projector that SHOULD run on most OS Systems (I hope) :drool:

spotanjo3

Please be different. I like what you are doing because you are different. So stay with what you are doing and to your own style.

OP
L

Low Lines

New Comparison Viewer

Taken from by News Page
Here's a useful addition I have made to my project. You can now view 2 compat lists alongside each other in a spreadsheet like layout, which gives you a much quicker and understandable idea of which version or emulator is better and for what game.
compare_01.jpg - Basic Screenshot of Flash File
compare_02.jpg - Showing the Loading Window for loading XML files

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
It is still in it's early stages so it is liable for there to be bugs or errors. I'll get round to fixing them when I am up to it, but it should be good enough to work as it is intended to.

Where's Diablow?? He should be thrilled, considering this was his idea. :bouncy:

OP
L

Low Lines

Yay!! At least I got some feedback from the silent pplz :bouncy: in this forum. Thanks Diablow =]

I was hoping to get 100 people hammer me and say "this is crap!! look there's all these bugs!!" but either nobody has yet found any bugs on any of my projects or maybe I am thinking too poorly of my project. :(

I guess I shall have to wait and see....:evil:

OP
L

Low Lines

Hmm now this is just me with a little light bulb over his head....so nobody think me crazy k :evil:

I've noticed that most of the emulators now have a header information window with things such as SERIAL, INTERNAL NAME, etc

And I was wondering how complex it is to read a nds rom's header info. Could such a task be ported (to some extent) to either JSP,PHP,or any of the others?? Like maybe have a .dll or something that can be interactive with more looser programming languages.....

Most likely I now got pplz confused (sigh :( ) but anyway, if it was possible, it might allow me to transform my databases into something that would be similar to RomCenter......Basically I would be looking at the possibility of making a Flash File/Folder Browser, but atm I am relying on pre-defined list data through xmls.

I think things such as DIRECTORY, FILE SIZE, FILE TYPE, can be done in PHP, but header information such as SERIAL, CRC32 might be hard to get hold of.

Can anybody give us some info on what's possible here?? And anyways....this was just a thought, nothing more. =]

OP
L

Low Lines

hmm yeah thanks....I've been looking around for sources and that....I use NDSHeader by Vampire to check my roms....I'll have a look at the Renamers Now...

Where's Cyberman, he knows a bit on PHP doens't he? Maybe he can give me a direct answer whether anything like this is possible or not....

OP
L

Low Lines

Hmm I am going to have to rethink my news page....

I've also been doing list update posts in my news as well, but it's a bit of a pain at the moment because I am doing it in XML (ie character subbing etc)
plus I aslo want to include a thumbnail cover image in the post.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Example
List Updates
04 Jul 2006

New Games Added:
Rockman ZX (J)
View attachment 33051

DeSmuME 0.3.4 Update:
Rockman ZX (J)
Playability - Ingame
Status Notes - upper screen is black, graphic errors & crashes​
by Low Lines
Are there any disagreements to this layout and does it provide all the information required??​