What's new

Loading a CDI image with multiple zip files

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiReZ92

I have Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and daemon tools but do not know how to mount the image because of the fact that the downloaded game is in many packaged files and it contains files in 19 MB form but not mds. or mdf files. I say this because of the fact that there are so many files in the Marvel vs Capcom folder you can't mount any image. What would be the solution for these types of games which do not come in mds format in which you can mount on daemon tools.

Mouser X

Do a Google search for the file extension in question. In other words, you have multiple files that are actually 1 file. That's right. They split one file into multiple pieces to make transfering it easier. So, you haven't yet gotten the CD image extracted. Try using WinRAR or 7zip. Mouser X over and out.

OP
H

HiReZ92

So in other words I would take each packaged file and extract them using winrar? And after that I would have one big CDI file right?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
No.

Open the first archive in the split set in WinRAR and extract the contents to a folder. Other archives should follow suit and after the extracting is done, you get the full CD image.

OP
H

HiReZ92

Thanks and I finally extracted the files and got one CDI. I just have one more question. I have extracted Jet Set Radio mounted the image with Daeom tools and have extracted the Utopia Boot Disc in the chankast folder. My problem is when I start Chankast the game won't load. The image is nonboot and I have never dealt with these kind of images. Even with the Utopia Boot Disc is there anything else I need to make to make this game work?

JKKDARK

If it doesn't work with the Utopia Boot Disc, you can't run the game. I'm sure that you downloaded a bad image. Ha, pirates can't play :p

Mouser X

Well, I couldn't tell by the description you gave, but did you mount the Utopia disk first? Once mounted, and started in Chankast, did you then unmount it, and then mount your other CD image, without changing anything in the emulator? If this is what you did, and it didn't work, then you will probably need to make the image self-bootable (I've used exoboot in the past, but I know there's others). Or, it might be as Jkkdark has said, and it's a bad image. However, try to make it self-bootable first. Hope that helps. Mouser X over and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.