What's new

Lik-Sang Closed

Jaz

Ex-Mod
I know this is pretty old news now, but I wanted to get your thoughts on the closure of one of the major importers, Lik-Sang.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - OUT OF BUSINESS NOTICE

Hong Kong, October 24th of 2006 - Lik-Sang.com, the popular gaming retailer from Hong Kong, has today announced that it is forced to close down due to multiple legal actions brought against it by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Sony claimed that Lik-Sang infringed its trade marks, copyright and registered design rights by selling Sony PSP consoles from Asia to European customers, and have recently obtained a judgment in the High Court of London (England) rendering Lik-Sang's sales of PSP consoles unlawful.

"Blame it on Sony. That's the latest dark spot in their shameful track record as gaming industry leader. The Empire finally 'won', few dominating retailers from the UK probably will rejoice the news, but everybody else in the gaming world lost something today."

You can read the press release in it's entirity, here.

I have used Lik-Sang a LOT in the past, and I've always had great service from them. It's a shame to see them go. :(

Thoughts? Opinions?

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Agreed! Even though i have a PSP to hack a heck of a lot. (Devhook rulez!) But i have had a lot of probs with it, crappy screen, dead pixels, fried reader...So....Sony gotta die. Oh, and thanks Scott, i was looking for that thread.

Last edited:

smcd

I think that importing is a valid business and Sony just doesn't like not having 100% control over its products... though the thing about import consoles not being able to play regional discs is a valid point. Perhaps this demonstrates why region coding is bad? ;)

RavenusManChild

Bull...

Don't forget about the demo disks they sent out for christmas a few years after the PS2 was released. The Viewtiful Joe 2 demo would corrupt memory cards when played ( I lost days of Ace Combat 4 data)