What's new

Laptop Compatibility

jmosher

Hey,

Anyone having problems with laptop and getting chankast to run? I'm making the attempt to get it running with the following configuration:

1.6 Ghz
64 Meg ATI / 256 Meg DDR shared memory
30 gig hard drive
Sound blaster compatible 16 bit

It begins to run with the intro but then it just crashes stating that chankast has encountered an error and needs to close. When you look at the error report the first file that shows up is the file ntdll.dll, then kernel32.dll.

Any suggestions?

cog1

I use laptop and i found no compatility problem on my machine.
But i heard some laptop of which graphics card use shared memory can not run chankast.
if you have this problem,you can download a fixed vision for laptop.

sorry for my bad english

OP
J

jmosher

Very cool on the site, and thanks. I ended up digging around the NET and found modded drivers that install on laptops such as compaq/hp and Dell with shared memory between the system and video card.

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

This place has drivers for ATI and Nvidia. By the way they are current driver releases.

Note: For anyone that was having problems with Crazy Taxi 2 - Download Chankast alpha 0.2a release and the catalyst 4.6 drivers if you use ATI. It clears up all the graphical gliches.

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
Can i just say thank you jmosher, they really do work with the laptop (considering the so called latest drivers for mine were released in 2002), i never thought i'd see it running on it.
Great stuff :D

OP
J

jmosher

No problem and welcome to all who benefit from this post. I will try and help anyone else who needs assistance.