deutsch.JPG
Deutsch
nederlands.JPG
Nerderlands
swedish.JPG
Swedish

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
There's one way around: Shorten the texts in each language ( abbreviating for example). I did that for the spanish pack.

OP
The Siskoo

The Siskoo

I talked about cause Rice can resize to give more space (a little bit). Sometimes it's usefull to have a lit' more space without shorten the text. ;-)

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
The Siskoo said:
I talked about cause Rice can resize to give more space (a little bit). Sometimes it's usefull to have a lit' more space without shorten the text. ;-)

I need more two letters in DMA in Segments.......
In Brazilian portuguese the correct is "DMA em segmentos", and with actual translation "DMA em segment" is not understandable by other people....
resizing in this string is "impossible" to me......

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Rice/Schibo: Can I do this?????
In About 1964 screen put "Translation [language][version] by me"

Last edited:

Rice

Emulator Developer
Nighty0

We cannot have two more characters for "DMA in Segments" text.

And I guess you can show that "The language file is translated for ..." since it is only shown in your own language.

OP
The Siskoo

The Siskoo

First, Nighty0 good to see you among us.

Rice you can resize to have 2 more characters.

Take a Look :

brazilian%203.JPG

If you want I can resize and send you the last beta ? It's like you want Rice :)

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Rice said:
Nighty0

We cannot have two more characters for "DMA in Segments" text.

And I guess you can show that "The language file is translated for ..." since it is only shown in your own language.

yep, it's only in my lang file...........

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Rice said:
Well, let me try. It is much easier to do it in the source code.

Thanks in advance..................
And you too, siskoo.......
Now testing top gear rally..... i get sound!!!!!!!!!!!!
after a hour of tests trotterwatch gets sound and i get a better sound....
i'm posting a new thread

schibo

Emulator Developer
You cannot tell people how many characters to use. If the font was a fixed size font (where characters line up and use same width), that would work, but the font that we use is Arial, which is variable size. In other words, different characters will use different widths. I would rather not change the font to a fixed sized font this late in the game, but I guess we will have to do what we will have to do. Fixed size fonts can look ugly unless you are writing source code, when it is helpful that characters line up.

Last edited: