What's new

Known Issue in Ocarina!

ComixManiac

Well that's what i read but i couldn't find the topic so i will have to ask again. In Project 64 v.1.5 the light when you open boxes is black. How can i fix this? And i'm using a Geforce 2 MX 400 with the latest Detonator installed and DirectX v.8.1 in Windows XP.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I don't see what the big deal is, a couple of seconds of blackness from a chest won't hurt anyone, especially when the rest of the game seems near perfect.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
agree with Sayargh, however, this is not a known issue, it's the difference between minimum and recommended specs.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Smiff?

I don't believe it's because of not meeting the right specs.
Please see the new thread I will post today about the
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time problem.
I will not post it in this thread.

OP
C

ComixManiac

agree with Sayargh, however, this is not a known issue, it's the difference between minimum and recommended specs.

I didn't say it's a big issue but IT IS an issue that's why i posted. If i don't meet the recommended specs then what card should i have to avoid the problem? Does it work right for you Smiff?

I don't believe it's because of not meeting the right specs.

That 's what i think either but let's see..

ra5555

N64 Newbie
I don't remember having this problem and many people I know of didn't have this problem. I guess there is something about the emulator that does the light correctly on some systems and incorrectly on the others.

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
To shed a bit more light on this one...

I had an

Athlon 850
256 Ram
Geforce 1
With latest detonator drivers

I got the the black thing from chests.

my mate had an

Athlon 800
256 Ram
Geforce 1
With latest detonator drivers

He didn't get the black thing from chests.

I got a Geforce 3 for xmas and now i have light.

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
Ye but my mate had a Geforce 1 and almoast exactly the same specs as me (slightly worse) but he got the light out of the chests, i found that a bit werid.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Yes, there is no known cause to this problem. People have had exact same specs with or without the problem. So searching the board and trying everything is the only solution.