What's new

Kirby bug?

straight

The visuals for Kirby 64 (using 1964 .9.9 + Glide64) are perfect, including the status area, but whenever Kirby gets hit by something, he freezes. You can still move him back and forth, but there's no animation, and he can't jump or do anything. If you can slide him out a door, he's fixed in the next area, but if he can't get out without jumping, then he's stuck.

I had the same problem when I tried it with Jabo's D3D plugin, so I'm guessing it's a problem with 1964? Is this a known issue or do I just need to use a different setting?

Legend

Oh man, I thought all my games were working fine. But yup Kirby is unplayable with me too. I've tried almost adjustment in rom settings but the problem persists. Even using invcibility doesn't work. I hope someone has a fix for this. I really don't want to wait until 1.0 comes out (which will probably be a great while)to play this fun little adventure game. :(

OP
straight

straight

Legend said:
Oh man, I thought all my games were working fine. But yup Kirby is unplayable with me too. I've tried almost adjustment in rom settings but the problem persists. Even using invcibility doesn't work. I hope someone has a fix for this. I really don't want to wait until 1.0 comes out (which will probably be a great while)to play this fun little adventure game. :(

Well, it's playable in 1964 .85, and ought to be plenty fast with your specs.

Kinda funny that they broke something in .0.9.9 and nobody noticed. That'll teach 'em not to include us on the beta-testing team :teehee:

Trotterwatch

Kinda funny that they broke something in .0.9.9 and nobody noticed

With the volume of issues reported it's really easy for something like this to slip into the release. I'll check it now, I have a hunch what causes it.

Edit// Just tested it, go into the rom properties and disable CP1 Unusable exceptions, then start a new game. Does the problem still occur? The problem goes away for me once this setting is disabled.

Edit two// Just had this confirmed by Sayargh.

Last edited:

shark1686

Trotterwatch said:
With the volume of issues reported it's really easy for something like this to slip into the release. I'll check it now, I have a hunch what causes it.

Edit// Just tested it, go into the rom properties and disable CP1 Unusable exceptions, then start a new game. Does the problem still occur? The problem goes away for me once this setting is disabled.

Edit two// Just had this confirmed by Sayargh.
that fixed it for me...thanks!

schibo

Emulator Developer
shark1686 said:
that fixed it for me...thanks!

Disabling CP1 Unusable exceptions will eliminate that problem but cause other problems. It will be fixed.

Last edited: