What's new

Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories

-Shadow-

Banned
I recently got this beatiful game, it looks like it's driving the GBA to it's limits ! It got a few real FMV sequences with a decent resolution, great detailled sprites with soft animations, and a soundtrack + Sound FX that are surpassing every of my expectations of the GBA ! The battle system is like on the PS2 but with an innovation : A card system, every attack and spell can only be used with the right card and can be blocked with an attack of a higher value.

It comes out in the US soon, but i couldn't resist grabbing the Japanese version :happy:

What's your opinion about it ?

Here some screens

OP
-Shadow-

-Shadow-

Banned
Sorry, I can hardly tell something about the story, it's because i got the Japanese version, it's important in most Square games to read the text to understand the story, and I don't.

The Gameplay is like on the PS2, just with isometric view, square did a good job on that one. The battle system is like on KH, you can evade attacks by running, i've mentioned the new feature with the cards already.

But that men with the black capes are seeming to play a major role in the game, one of them helped sora, but the one on the screenshot attacked him, it looks like he wants something from Sora. I saw that black cape man with a Key sword on the extra FMV-sequence in Kingdom hearts on the PS2, so they must really have a big role in the game.

Last edited:

darkflamex

stuk

im playing it im stuck on the beginning where you just get the cards and you first start playing first you have to use the donald card then wat? and what emulator r u using those r pretty good pics

OP
-Shadow-

-Shadow-

Banned
You mean the place in traverse Town where you meet Leon (his former name is squall, he's the hero of ff-8)? In the training battle he wants you to train some attacks. I think you're stuck when he wants you to use the roll attack, to perform it, tap any direction on your gamepad twice. It took me half a minute to figure this one out, japanese really makes the game more challenging :D

Jammy

Spoilet Brat
the only thing i dont like about the game is the card system, that donald and goofy only come out on the corrasponding card. But other than that, it is very good. I was also so surprised that this game has very clear FMV's, never done before on a GBA.

Lolli

I love this game so far! It's just that...the bosses are too hard to beat using the keyboard :( I am stuck at destiny island in Sora's pov...I want to play RR so much... Have anyone had VBA codes/cheats for CoM?

Sora and cloud at Colliseum ^^
com042gi.png

com050dy.png

Yeah kinda of stuck here :(
com026qh.png

com048gv.png

Last edited:

jessman1988

Banned
First of all, you NEED to get a decent pc controller. Second, in the story, you end up in a place where your memories get all out of funk. Everyone that you meet except for Donald and Goofy don't remember you. As you tell them all that you went through in the first adventure they start recalling some things...BUT, only what you tell them, which is strange.

You're still on the search for Riku and Mickey, but now you have to, again, go through the exact same worlds as you have before. What stinks is that there's extremely linear and repetative gameplay. I forgot most of the storyline, but THIS much, I do remember. I hope that I helped a little bit.

Seriously though. Just buy a cheap Wal-Mart controller or an adaptor which allows you to use console controllers on your pc. If you side with Wal-Mart, DON'T get a crappy Axis-pad. Go with a Saitek one. They last forever if you treat them right! Well, seeya!

WhiteX

Did somebody tried it out on a flash card, because they said earlier that this game would have some sort of special chip or something.

Clements

The only thing special about this game is that it is 256MBit, making it the largest GBA game. If your flash cart isn't big enough, then you can't play it obviously.

WhiteX

My flash cart is 256 Mb, what i believe Clements is saying is that this is the largest possible game available, because besides a fleshcart, a original game can only go up to 256 Mb, however in the early past this game was talked to have some special chip for the FMVs to work what never happened, the FMVs work flawless without it, there is at least one other game with this size, it is a puzzle game only released in japan, i can research its name and then post it, see ya boys!