What's new

Keyboard stops responding with two players- too many keys pressed

DataGenesis

Hello, I have an old computer (pentium 300) and a new computer (p4).

I have finally got an optimal set up which will allow emulators to run on the old computer. However, on this computer, when we try to play 2 player games using the keyboard, the keyboard stops responding and the computer's speaker beeps (saying that we have too many keys pressed). The new computer does not have this problem and runs the games perfectly. This is particularly and issue in Mariokart.

Does anybody have any solutions to fix this?

It does it in both p64 and 1964. I did a search on the forums for this issue but couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Allnatural

Older keyboards (or was it older systems?) can't handle more than a few key presses simultaneously. Nothing you can do about it, other than get newer equipment...or some joypads.

Actually, I'm not sure newer keyboards/systems can handle multiple, simultaneous key presses. Not enough for a two player game at any rate, though you insist your new computer is fine. *shrug*

Whatever the case, get some joypads.

Last edited:

Acorn

OP
D

DataGenesis

Thanks,
however I used to have the emulator working perfectly on the computer it now does not work on before my sister *cough* broke it, and i had to reformat. So.... it *is* capable of doing it... it just doesnt... :(

Any further ideas?