What's new

Just watched "The Dark Knight"

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Alright, this is not a review, just a few thoughts. GO WATCH THIS MOVIE!

Is the best supere hero movie ever made. Heath Legder was great as the Joker, it takes the charcter to another level, a darker style, better than Jack Nicholson. In fact I think that Ledger will receive a post humous Oscar for his work.

I give it five stars, just go watch it guys!

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Oh, thank you...For making me more hyped then i already am...YOUSUCK!!

Lol, i´ll be watching it when it arrives up here....The 25th, i think..

A.I.

Banned
lol, torek, u beat me 2 it, i was gonna post a review on batman...but on seconds thought after my 'in depth' review of indy received only one post, from you kind sir, i think, thank u, btw.... i didnt bother....

Anyways, i wasnt doing anthing on Sunday, so it was a toss up to see the movie or go to see the Pope in Sydney crusin in his bat, sorry, pope mobile so i chose the bat cos those fish freaks sure scare the shit outta me and boy was i glad! Dark Knight flipped the superhero movie on its head! But it was Heath's lip smacking performance that really made the movie, every other scene without him was pretty ordinary, oh and what is it with bad choices with female leads in this series? Maggie gibberish, or whatever her name was woeful, no chemistry with bruce wane, her perfomance was lucklustre, atleast Katie Holmes as pathetic actress as she is had sex apppeal, all i can say is thank god for...BOOM! cackle ha ha!

My rating: 4.5 barbecue bat wings*

* .5 deducted due to poor casting choice of Rachael.

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
This movie was beyond any superhero movie I have seen. Easily the best movie of the summer, and I doubt any movie this year will match up to it. Ledger was an excellent Joker and brought the character to a whole new level. I know many will say he was better than Nicholson, but I have to disagree due to nostalgic reasons. Bail makes the best Batman so far and I hope he continues his role for a few more movies.

A.I.

Banned
I heard several theories on the new villians in the next batman movie. One was there may be Catwoman, as hinted when bruce wayne says the batsuit will protect him from cats though i strongly doubt it and believe it as a red herring.

Another more likely theory is that the guy who escaped from arkham assylum and is one of the Jokers men and is caught and strapped into chair and interogated by Harvy Dent is the Riddler aka Edward Nigma (enigma).

Although some may argue that if Batman survived the fall so could Two Face. Will he be back? And What about the Joker? Well, Heath Ledger may be dead and I doubt they will substitue another actor but i wouldnt be surprised if he makes a cameo like the Scarecrow ala CGI. There must be heaps of cut scenes to choose from.

But the biggest surprise may be a new Batman. Who knows, Christopher Bale may go off his rocker again and go to jail and then what? George Clooney?

revl8er

That Damn Good
Well I have to put my money on 2 Face being in it again. There have been many rumors stating he was breathing after the fall and I'm pretty damn sure that he didn't die just from that little fall. I was also thinking about that scene where he stated the bat suit would protect against cats. Who knows, maybe catwoman would make an appearance. It would really suck if they attempted to replace Ledger after his terriffic performance.

Cyberman

What else can they do? He's dead.

It's really up to the people who write the script and make the decisions (IE pay for it all). They might go so far as to use CGI and voice impression technology to remake the joker. Who knows.

Who knows what they have planned next? Hopefully we'll all get to enjoy it as well.

Cyb

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I was actually thinking about the exact same thing. If the Joker is to be in another movie, they SHOULD use CGI. This is one of the rare cases where i would support CGI. But if they do that, it has to look REAL, you know. It has to look EXACTLY like him, because nobody is able to step into HL´s shoes. Not after this.

Cyberman

I just saw the movie, hard act to follow. The cost for CGIing the Joker would be a bit hard to justify. However I believe they already have the sequel planned considering how two face was introduced. The big issue would be HL's estate. Depending on how the contract was made, it may or may not be an issue. I have had to deal with copyright before, it's nasty quite often. Remember all those weird suits with the 3 stooges (or maybe not) people want something ussually. So we shall see.

There is plenty of room since they turned all of Gotham against Batman.

Cyb

A.I.

Banned
I still think the Riddler is going to be in it, that little scene i described had more going than meets the eye. And they cant peddler the Joker again, small cameo yes but not as a a major villian again. Audiences dont like rehash. And we need some serious pussy, pun intended. Catwoman would be welcome but only as a tasty side dish. And Comissioner's Gordon''s Son as Robin, which i believe to be, would be good for Batman as a Student/Mentor role, though i dont think he will be wearing tights any time soon.

Oh, on another note anyone see I am Legend? The cinema Will Smith passes is showing Batman vs Superman. I like to see that, lol.

Last edited: