What's new

Jnes 1.0 Finnish translation

Bippo Ernesti

That awkward guy
Hello everybody, I just joined this forum. Anyway, I decided to try out making a Finnish translation for Jnes 1.0. I tried to make it as easy to comprehend as possible. I was also wondering, is there a way to translate anything else except the language file in the "languages" folder?

Here is the link to the page where the file can be downloaded from:

http://www.freewebs.com/bippo-ernesti/

Click on the link that says "Click here to get the translation file (2 kb~)" to get it. Sorry if this sounds or seems inconvenient, but this was the simplest way I thought of.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Nice work. I'll look through this and report if there's something missing or mistranslated.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bippo Ernesti

That awkward guy
Thanks, there's a pretty good chance that there are some mistranslations, since I wasn't fully aware of what some of the actions did. I tried not to miss anything, but when I started translating, I kinda messed it up by picking a random spot from which I translated some words, then moved to some other part. After some time I started going from top to bottom in order.

OP
B

Bippo Ernesti

That awkward guy
There were some parts that I wasn't completely sure about, such as "Emulate eight pixel clipping", "Extended Vertical Blank". The translation probably could use a bit of rewording. Also, seeing that "Mapper" is a short term for "Multi-Memory Controllers" or "Memory Management Controllers", I don't think "Kartoitin" fits there that well. I will reword the translation a bit when I can.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Use "mapperi" just for the hell of it. I think most Finns who are into emulation are more familiar with that than an awkward "full" translation that hardly anyone but the most old-school tech geeks use. You know, people who have worked most of their lives at TIEKE.

No, "muistiohjain" or a variant of that isn't much better.

Then again, what the hell would I know?

"Pidennetty vertikaalipeitto" - sometimes I really fucking hate this language. Really.

It would be much better for you and for the quality the translation itself if you could find a middleground of sorts and translate words based on what words people really use. Well, easier said than done I guess, considering the overall difficulty of translating computer tech jargon into fluent Finnish, so that it doesn't end up sounding completely retarded.

EDIT: Ironically, I bet that "muistiohjain" is considered to be the official Finnish translation for a Memory Management Controller". :/

Last edited:
OP
B

Bippo Ernesti

That awkward guy
And here I used to think that translating would be an easy job. I'm gonna try changing some words to other ones that are easier to understand, I'll probably start working on it this weekend.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
thanks everyone, once I get off me arse and put out a new build all these great translations will be in it :)