What's new

It's all blurry!

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
YES!!! I finally did it! I finally got motion blur working in MM! It took fixing a bug that's been around since glN64 v0.4, plus some improvements to the frame buffer emulation, but it finally works!

Here are a few shots of the blurry goodness. Please ignore the FPS, everything debugging-related is turned on in these shots...so it's much slower than usual.

Just a few more fixes and MM will be fully playable in my plugin!

Last edited:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
A completely off-topic first reply: What are you using to take screenshots that gets the mouse cursor?

And back on topic: Cool! Is this hinting at a somewhat-soon release? :ninja:

Last edited:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
OK, two more questions:

This is working with recent ( > 3.7 ) ATi drivers, correct?

And does hardware FB work with vsync now?

sheik124

Emutalk Member
The Khan Artist said:
A completely off-topic first reply: What are you using to take screenshots that gets the mouse cursor?
dude, ever heard of PrintScreen :0 (gosh i love that key)

Clements

Printscreen doen't capture the mouse pointer.

Those motion blur shots are indeed superb! :w00t: Great work Orkin!

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
I used ALT-Print Screen to get those shots. You can probably see the cursor because I'm using CursorXP. I didn't even notice the cursor there until you mentioned it...I guess it's because I see it all the time anyway. I'll have to pay more attention in the future...

Yes, it works with the newer Catalysts (I have v3.9 installed right now), and yes, it's also working with v-sync.

The MM bug I'm working right now is the unstable lighting in certain areas, but I haven't gotten very far yet. I think it's related to the LookAt commands, but I'm not sure...are there any plugins that don't have this problem?

Orkin

Gladiac0190

Yay, GLn64 is the best plugin for zelda ;D. I love the way it emulates the framebuffer and the motion blur effect is one more time great progress.

Whatever you do, you'll do it...

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
The Khan Artist said:

Disable the mouse cursor hardware acceleration and take the screenshot......
with cursor hard-accelerated you can't take the cursor screenshot, only with this disabled or with a third-party software (Corel Capture, Fraps, etc...)

Orkin.......
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :) :) :p

This is awesome!!!!!!!!
Keep up your EXCELENT work!!!!!!!!