What's new

It did it!! I got 3D Studio r4 working!!

Kahenraz

I've been pecking at this for months!! I have an old backup of Autodesk's: 3D Studio r4, but it's a poor directory rip (most likely a bad install as well). When I tried running it, it crashed every time. A few months ago, I did some intense googling and found some information on configuration and swap file assigning. I was then able to get it running, but it promptly froze.

But.. yesterday.. I finally got it working!! The problem was that it wasn't detecting the hardware lock that came with the software. I finallt realized this when I tried loading it in pure MS-DOS 6.2 and recieved the same blank screen. I stared at it for a while, thinking about what could be causing the problem. Then, the screen flashed as I saw the GUI load, then it crashed to the ms-dos promt and said that it couldn't detect the hardware lock. What luck!! Maybe it was because I didn't have a dos parellel port driver running that worked with my motherboard. But now it's fixed!!

I love old skool renderings with old skool materials at old skool resolutions. :}

The one problem I'm still having is that while in pure ms-dos mode, I get some glitches with the text. And in any OS, the program lags on me when I do simple things like creating a box.

If anybody has any info or knows someone they can ask, I would be very appreciative. Thanks.