What's new

Is This Real?

Remote

I get the impression that it's the new psx, not ps2. Anyways looks nice but not sure if a pre order is the best way go lay your hands on one...

OP
Steveman610

Steveman610

Remote said:
I get the impression that it's the new psx, not ps2. Anyways looks nice but not sure if a pre order is the best way go lay your hands on one...

Scroll down and read. It says its a PS2 gaming console.

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
Steveman610 said:
The PSX is a PS2 with a new hdd and a dvd rw drive.. and some other new stuff.. basically a big waste of money *or at least it looks that way*

GogoTheMimic said:
Not if it stays at one cent. :D
I meant when it's released, think about it, people will see store ads that will say "Also Plays PS2 and PS1 Games!", back when the PS2 was released, the ads said "Also Plays PS1 Games!". So people will think that the PSX (PS2.5) is a new generation console, when in fact it's only a supped up PS2.

Steveman610 said:
The hardware specs sound like the specs of the PS2.5 (AKA: PSX) announced at E3.

Hyper19s

Banned
this was not one of sony's best ideas. they should
forget this and keep working on the ps3 which
is going to be extremely better!!!!

OP
Steveman610

Steveman610

I've seen the specs of the ps3. They're pretty awesome. I saw them in a magazine. Sez the Ps3 will have like all these microprocessors and stuff.

smegforbrain

Whether the actual item in question is real is, at this point, irrelevant.

The guy's other auctions are 3 listings also for $.01 electronics, and then an e-book.

This guy reeks of a scam.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
smegforbrain said:
Whether the actual item in question is real is, at this point, irrelevant.

The guy's other auctions are 3 listings also for $.01 electronics, and then an e-book.

This guy reeks of a scam.

First off, this one is bidding on a pre-order, there's still a bunch to pay later.

Second, PSX is being made by a different divison of Sony than PS3.

Third, PS3's specs aren't finalised yet, so don't go off saying how amazing they are.

Flash

Technomage
Tagrineth said:
First off, this one is bidding on a pre-order, there's still a bunch to pay later.

Second, PSX is being made by a different divison of Sony than PS3.

Third, PS3's specs aren't finalised yet, so don't go off saying how amazing they are.
AFAIK PS3 exists only on paper yet - it will be not a big surprise for me if
even cpu exists only as Verilog model (if ). :)

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
If you ask me, it looks like a PS2 with an integrated DVR, which is why it would have a hard drive, and the burner is probably for copying your recordings to disc.

Macca

thats pretty much the point of it alpha. sony is trying to make more money by combining its products. i dont know if it is a good move but i guess we will see

Macca

only problem is, how manmy people who dont have them actually want them? is bundling them together and strapping on a shiny new case gonna make them rush out and buy one?