What's new

Is it possible to change the refresh rate on Jabo's 1.5.2 video plugin?

fernan1234

Yeah, even 1.6 crashes Banjo Tooie on 1964 0.8.5, and I'm playing on a standard TV, so I'm looking for a way to make 1.5.2 adjust the refresh rate to either 29 or 30 Htz.

Last edited:
OP
F

fernan1234

I know it's the PJ64 forum, that's why it seemed reasonable to ask a question about Jabo's plugin.

And to be honest I don't know what refresh rate my TV really runs in. All I know is that my video card marks it with 29Hz and when I use a full screen resolution with 29 Hz it looks smooth. When I use Jabo's 1.5.2 I can see the scan line going up. That's why I wanted to know if there was a way to adjust it.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
the reason you can see the scanlines going is because forcing 29hz is a bad thing,

sounds like you need to force a refresh rate of 50, 60, or higher using powerstrip.

OP
F

fernan1234

I see. For some reason, when I connect my computer to my TV, NVidia only lets me set it either to 29 or 30 Hz. I never had a problem until now that I tried to use Jabo's 1.5.2 and couldn't adjust the refresh rate for the full screen resolution of the video plugin.