What's new

iPod! Yearrghhh...

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Just, y'know, wanted to share my joy. Got myself a shiny new iPod today, and I must say it's the bitch of MP3 players.

Any of you other guys and gals got your asses one of these rather fine pieces of kit?

blizz

I got myself a Nomad Zen a while ago since there wasn't a iPod large enough for what I wanted (1 month later though there was :( ), it does it's job just fine, even if creatives software is clunky.

I'm picking up an iPod next time round though, once my Nomad dies on me (which it will considering how I use it all the time nearly)

2fast4u

i was planning/plotting to get an ipod forever but the bitch just seemed too expensive in the end tho its probably damn well worth it
well, i got a really good mp3/cd player now which kinda evens out the loss since i dont really listen that much to mp3 anymore as well

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
don't talk to me about Ipod until they do something about their battery.

in case you didn't know, when the batt dies its time to buy A WHOLE NEW $500 IPOD

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
It takes a fair old while to die on you (about 2 years before it starts having trouble). That'll do for me. Anyway, are there any better portable MP3 players on the market? No.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I am still considering buying an Ipod...I just realy hate the price they list on the damn thing.

OP
Xade

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
The thing is, you pay that hefty price tag, and, unless you keep it in a really fine case the whole time, it gets scratched to shit.

Mine has taken a beating in just six weeks.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Sorry to bring this one up from the dead, just wanted to say that I'm considering getting one, and does anyone know where to get one cheap(er)?

Macca

i dont understand why people wouldnt go for the new creative nomad zen xtra.

Same thing, Cheaper Price.

blizz

Jaz said:
Sorry to bring this one up from the dead, just wanted to say that I'm considering getting one, and does anyone know where to get one cheap(er)?

well at least you apologised ;) but yeah there's the usual apple site you can try which will of course be the most expensive, or amazon who seem to have the best prices from what little searching I've done, they do the 20 gig model for £289 and the 40 gig model for £394.99

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Don't get an ipod, their batteries only last about 18 months before they die, then you get screwed and you have to buy a new ipod.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
The Khan Artist said:
You, sir, are most uninformed.

http://www.ipodbattery.com/

Nevertheless, thats like a $49 per year and a half fee that you have to pay. It's stupid and theres no excuse for it. Believe me, I was actually considering buying one of these, but once I heard that, theres not a chance in hell.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
It is kinda dumb. Makes me think twice. Especially seeing as they're so damn expensive. :doh: