What's new

In some games, the sound is 2x too fast.

zorbid

Here's a strange problem that I noticed recently, with .40 beta 1&2 :

In some games (Tony hawk 1 (u)!, RR64 (u)!, Mission Impossible (u), may be others, the sound is played 2x too fast (or even faster if the emu isn't limited and the game can run faster). If you enable sync game to audio, the sound becomes perfect (no cracks, no gaps... huge !!) but the game then runs 2x too slow.

This happens in Pj64 1.4 and 1964 8.3c (I didn't test it on Appolo cos My PC is too slow). Whatever you choose for the RSP (native RSP in 1964, RSP plugin from PJ, with "send alist to plugin" checked or unchecked).

With the RSP dll + Jabo's, the speed of the sound is ok, but the games are too slow in PJ, an too fast in 1964. (If I choose sync game to video, 1964 becomes too slow, but this comes from 1964 I think).

Note that I can't test 0.30 because of my Audigy.

Is someone experiencing the same problem?

BTW, Azimer, what are the main differences between 0.40 beta1 and beta2 ? Is there something that works better in beta1, or should I stick to beta2?

OP
zorbid

zorbid

I don't have the problem with Zilmar's audio, nor with 1964 native audio plugin.

It seems to be related to your plugin.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Sound is fine in the next version... please be patient. Unfortunately, it will not work in 1964.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Nope... because the zilmar audio spec is limited. So I have adopted my own spec. And my new audio plugin will not work with LLE Audio.

OP
zorbid

zorbid

Do you plan to release these specs?

Azimer audio specs. Sounds good :).

Last edited:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Azimer said:
Nope... because the zilmar audio spec is limited. So I have adopted my own spec. And my new audio plugin will not work with LLE Audio.

and yet it still works with pj64? just not 1964?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i hope azimer will be happy to work with Witten, Schibo and anyone else to get these specs made into an official update to Zilmar's spec. having the emus drift apart would of course be a Bad Thing

M

mann

Azimer said:

how bout pj?
does it work on pj?!

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I am currently working on workarounds to use zilmar spec. So far it has been unsuccessful.