What's new

Import Saves!

Tehyoshi

How Can Import this Save DCI File into my game?

I Used the VMS Broswer But it says there not enough free blocks. PLEASE Help. :evil:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Well, are there enough free blocks in the active VMU/VMS? If not, create an a new file (like "MyVMS.bin") and import the DCI file to that.

OP
Tehyoshi

Tehyoshi

damnit, I'm Totally Confused. What type of file should I make, What is this Stupid Brower keep saying all blocks are full. This is Annoying! =.=
Thanks for Helping me so far btw. But I need to import this crap -.-

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Just an empty file that has a bin extension. Other than that, I don't know how else to help you. The VMS browser could use a lot of improvement.

B3tty_sa

MASTER PAIN
dude.....run the emu with no game mounted....then go to config in the menu select memmory card....then click on format....then impot the save after you have closed the emu again......i had the same problem....it must be formatted before you can inport a save.....:D

OP
Tehyoshi

Tehyoshi

Do you mean Config Plugins? I don't see the options your talking about are you using v0.25

Mouser X

To clarify B3tty_sa, there's two things you need to do, depending on your current settings. First, in the menu selections (the "file," "options," "plugins" stuff) select "plugins," then configure. Make sure you have a VMU device selected into one of the spots in the Port A (first controller slot). Any one of the VMU devices will do. Then, once you have that setup, run Chankast with out loading a game (you want to get the BIOS). In the top right is the memory configuration stuff. In there, select the VMU data you want to alter. Since I don't use the menu much, I don't remember all the different options. However, click around until you figure it out, there's not muich to choose from, so it should be reasonably easy to do it. Once you get the VMU unit formatted/cleaned out, then close Chankast, open the VMS Browser, and you should be able to import your save now. Hope that helps. Mouser X over and out.

Mouser X

I already told you what you need to do:
Mouser X said:
Then, once you have that setup, run Chankast with out loading a game (you want to get the BIOS). In the top right is the memory configuration stuff. In there, select the VMU data you want to alter. Since I don't use the menu much, I don't remember all the different options. However, click around until you figure it out, there's not muich to choose from, so it should be reasonably easy to do it.
What more do you need to know? I told you how to setup the VMU unit (it's in the plugins configuration), and I told you how to access the memory data handling in the BIOS (in Chankast, of course). There's nothing else you should need to know. If you don't understand this, then you really need to explain yourself in-depth. So, you start up Chankast, and then what? Ignore the VMS(U?) browser for the moment. You're not ready to use it yet. Mouser X out.

OP
Tehyoshi

Tehyoshi

I see my Problem, My Save hasn't been configured yet. I'm having issues with all the VMU settings, Theres no walk through on the Gamehelp. Could someone help me Please?

Thank You

B3tty_sa

MASTER PAIN
MAN that took forever.....but dont worry i had the same amount of trouble trying to figure it out....im glad that you got it working now...:D