What's new

Import .n64 native save on .z64 Perfect Dark

NoMatch4dataDyn

A headshot waiting to happen
I have downloaded a .n64 native Perfect Dark save from gamefaqs.com. I have unzipped it and placed it in the /Save folder in my Project 64 1.6 directory. The ROM settings say to save in the /Save folder, but my downloaded save is not showing up. My PD ROM is a .z64 currently, but I have used Tool64 to byteswap the ROM into all three extensions, .v64 .z64 and .n64, but the save didn't show up on any of them. Is there anything I haven't done to make it recognize the save? Moreover, my PD save disappeared suddenly yesterday, and I was fairly far into the game, and as fun as PD is, I don't want to do it all over again. If someone could point me to a fully completed native save for PD that works (if that's allowed, if not, sincerest apologies), that would be most appreciated. Thanks.

OP
N

NoMatch4dataDyn

Thanks for the tip, I'll see if I can find one that's compatible. What kind of imported native save would be compatible?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Well, since Perfect Dark uses the Memory Pak and EEPROM for saving, you'd need a .mpk file as well as an .eep file.

OP
N

NoMatch4dataDyn

Well, dang. Now when I open PD, not only is my old save file gone, but when I try to make a new one, there are no spaces to save in the Save Location menu. Now how do I fix that I wonder?