What's new

IE Problem

yegosimo

Bug Killer
... I just swithed to Firefox because of this problem.
The thing is that when I open IE it loads nothing, and I mean... nothing, it's like if the program doesn't respond, but in the Task Manager it appears normal.
I need to get it repaired so that I can access websites that I can't access with Firefox... like the main chat window on Latinchat.com
I already updated it from 6.0 to 6.0 SP1 (I'm using Windows XP w/o SPs), also I tried with the Repair Windows thing, but none of them worked.
Do you know what this problem is about? Malware, hacks... ? I've searched on Google but nothing related appears...
I appreciate any help ;)

*Screenshot attached: This window never changes...*

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
mmm that's weird, not even a 404 error. BTW you should install SP2. When you just came to the forum you told us that you didn't install it, but you must have learned the importance of it by now. Keep using firefox, if the main window of latinchat doesn't show, I bet because the pop-up blockes is still enabled for latinchat (a yellow bar appears, click it and allow pop-ups for latinchat.com). BTW quit chatting there dude, it sucks...

For the problem, download, Crap Cleaner and run it. Also try Spybot Search and Destroy, and see it fixes anything. I don't have any idea of what could it be really, it could be anything, please provide us more info

Last edited:
OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
OK... I have installed SP2 before twice, and my PC had a terrible performance... I don't know why, so I just installed a w/o SPs XP. (It works a lot better).
Yeah, there's a yellow bar but I add the website to be trusted and the next time it will ask me again... :S
And I chat there because I have to make advertising on my new forums :p
---
I was messing around and then I opened a saved website (saved a lot of time ago) and IE works. However if I change the address it does nothing, its like if I would be doing nothing to it....

smcd

If you've had some malware installed (spyware/adware, etc) sometimes they can mess with the network stack and cause weird errors... just a thought. Might also check your hosts file.