What's new

I Need Some Divx Info

StonedConker

i need to know if there is a way to rip a dvd disc to divx but without the need of 7gb on disc. I ask this cause i don't have much space on my hard disc(maybe 1,5 gb space,,,) but the programs i downloaded say that i'll need to have at least 7-8 gb avaible in my disc.I have clad 2.0for ripping(like smart ripper but i've heard it's better)nimo 5.0 and flask for the divx.Is it possible?what should i do?can i do it in real time or something like this,with out the need of write the whole dvd disc in my harddisc?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
in theory you could you could decrypt and frameserve the vobs straight through e.g. MPEGDecoder.dll using AviSynth loaded into VirtualDub and compressing with e.g. Xvid (phew!) However, you're going to have to learn a LOT (probably a day or two solid reading) to understand how to do this... everything you need is at doom9.org and their forum.

iq_132

Banned
I'd suggest a program called DVDx 2.0 for windows. It loads a bunch of frames into memory, then it encodes them into (S)VCD, or any avi format you want. Very little hard disk required.

iq_132

Banned
Flask is also pretty damn good now that I think about it.
TMPGEnc has a DVD video importer now (You do need a ton of space for this though)
I'm sure there's a way to use Virtualdub... i just don't know what it is...

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
My recommendation is... Get a new hd, a computer with 1,5 Gb of hd free will bring you a lot of problems including your problem. Also is very slow...

Stezo2k

S-2K
i heard theres a program that reads the DVD while creating the Divx, which would only take up 700mb, duno what its called, but ill tell ya if u want when my mate Gurzy comes online.

Stez