What's new

I have no sound

Veracity

Emu Controller Freak
I have no sound in TWINE

When using the latest 1964, I find that I have no sound in The World is not Enough. I had sound once using RSP plugin, but that seemed to be a glitch because I never had sound again after that. Any ideas? Thanks

Last edited:

zman

Veracity said:
Using them all, schibo, alhz, every one and TWINE still has no audip. Its been verified as good too

This is from Hacktarux on how to get good sound.

Use Schibo's new audio plugin 1.2 with Hacktarux hle rsp plugin and as the rsp settings go with Azimer's Audio v0.40 beta 2 and for configuration click on process alist on rsp defined plugin.

This configuration should work with all roms, and if not, it is more likely the video plugin is interfering with the cache operation of sound and that is why we hear nothing.

At least in my little world that is how the emulator reacts with my specs.

:daedalus:

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
'Scuse me for the newbie question, but where does one get different RSP plugins? The other plugins are easy to find, but the sites I checked (this board, Emulation64, and Smiff's site) don't have any RSP plugins that I could find- just GPU, SPU, and input plugins.

zman

Qun Mang said:
'Scuse me for the newbie question, but where does one get different RSP plugins? The other plugins are easy to find, but the sites I checked (this board, Emulation64, and Smiff's site) don't have any RSP plugins that I could find- just GPU, SPU, and input plugins.

Mupen64 Emulator has the Hactarux hle rsp plugin included and Project64 has the other rsp plugin which is included. That is where to get those.

The Hactarux rsp is the files are called mupen64_rsp_hle.cfg & mupen64_rsp_hle.dll. Just place them in you plugin directory of 1964 to use.

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
zman said:
Mupen64 Emulator has the Hactarux hle rsp plugin included and Project64 has the other rsp plugin which is included. That is where to get those.

Commencing Mupen64 download... Thanks.

OP
V

Veracity

Emu Controller Freak
zman said:
This is from Hacktarux on how to get good sound.

Use Schibo's new audio plugin 1.2 with Hacktarux hle rsp plugin and as the rsp settings go with Azimer's Audio v0.40 beta 2 and for configuration click on process alist on rsp defined plugin.

This configuration should work with all roms, and if not, it is more likely the video plugin is interfering with the cache operation of sound and that is why we hear nothing.

At least in my little world that is how the emulator reacts with my specs.

:daedalus:

OK I tried this and still no effect. Tell me if I did this right:

For Audio Plugin I have schibo's selected.
For RSP I have azimer's selected to use with Process AList by RSP

Still no sound with TWINE and many other games :( Any other ideas?

revl8er

That Damn Good
Have you tried using an older plugin from azimer. I believe one of his beta ones work good with that game.

zman

Veracity said:
OK I tried this and still no effect. Tell me if I did this right:

For Audio Plugin I have schibo's selected.
For RSP I have azimer's selected to use with Process AList by RSP

Still no sound with TWINE and many other games :( Any other ideas?

Here's how to handle this.

1) Use a basic rom like Super Mario 64 or FZero which are one of the most compatible roms for all of the plugins and emulators.

2) Change the audio plugin from shibo's to Azimer's and lets not worry about rsp yet.

3) Configure the Azimer's Audio plugin to a) Buffer size is on More & b) all but log output is check on this plugin.

4) Run the rom. If there is sound, that is great, if not there is two possibilites.
a) The video plugin you are using is conflicting whith sound by taking up your cpu useage. b) your sound drivers for the sound chip on your computer needs to be updated.

5) If you have achived audio, change back to shibo's plugin and do the old rsp thing. If schibo's plugin was the problem just go with Azimer or another audio plugin straight out and cut out the rsp emulation altogether as 1964 does not need it in the first place.

OP
V

Veracity

Emu Controller Freak
zman said:
Here's how to handle this.

1) Use a basic rom like Super Mario 64 or FZero which are one of the most compatible roms for all of the plugins and emulators.

2) Change the audio plugin from shibo's to Azimer's and lets not worry about rsp yet.

3) Configure the Azimer's Audio plugin to a) Buffer size is on More & b) all but log output is check on this plugin.

4) Run the rom. If there is sound, that is great, if not there is two possibilites.
a) The video plugin you are using is conflicting whith sound by taking up your cpu useage. b) your sound drivers for the sound chip on your computer needs to be updated.

I did that, and I had perfect audio for Mario 64. Still, I'm finding that no matter what I have no sound for a LOT of games. Fighing Force 64, Taz Express, TWINE, and others. Any ideas? Are audio plugins really not very compatible so that you need to switch between many of them?

zman

Well if you have great sound with Super Mario 64 and the video is good. That leaves a compatibility issue between rom and emulator for the ones that do not work. Insert "Duh!", but really what I'm saying is the actual hard coding between emulator instructions and video instructions are not on the up and up yet for the roms to work on your machine. Just have to wait for new plugins and upgrades to the emulator. I have Fighting Force 64 and no matter what I do there is an exception error between emulator and video plugin once the rom goes in game. It's issues like these that cause the sound to not function as well. For the most part, the audio plugins are solid enough not to be the actual cause of the "no sound" syndrome. Especially Azimer's work.