What's new

i cant see blight input config dialog

bgn

hi everybody when i found that mupen64 is being actualized i run here to find it but since 1.1(i did not test 1.0) i cant open the input config dialog. and i dont understand how to config the controllers in the config file. the config screen of mupen64 0.5 works perfectly but the configuration files are not interchangeables. could anyone explain me how to config the input plugin?

btw: keep the good work devs and thanks for improving emulation on linux. if you need to make packages for mupen64plus perhaps you could use autopackage(just my 2 cents i dont know anything about programming)

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Give us your terminal output. More likely than not something is going wrong with SDL.
To give terminal output, start the application from a terminal and copy and paste the contents of the terminal window into a post (preferably between code tags)

OP
B

bgn

the problems is that when i click on config nothing happens and the terminal does not say anything i just checked and i found that it also happens with JttL 1.3 audio plugin i click on config and nothing happens i am running ubuntu 8.04 beta. is there any way i can find which version of SDL is installed or there is any other information i can provide?

ebenblues

Mupen64Plus Dev.
the problems is that when i click on config nothing happens and the terminal does not say anything i just checked and i found that it also happens with JttL 1.3 audio plugin i click on config and nothing happens i am running ubuntu 8.04 beta. is there any way i can find which version of SDL is installed or there is any other information i can provide?
Which input plugin are you using? The one you want to use is blight's input plugin. You won't get a config dialog with the mupen64 basic input plugin. Go to Options -> Configure and click on the plugins tab to see which plugins you're using.

EDIT: sorry, just saw you're using blight.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Run the application on a terminal and copy+paste the output.
KDE: Run konsole
GNOME: Run Gnome Terminal
Neither: Run Xterm or your native terminal client

Use the cd command on terminal to enter the folder mupen64plus is at (e.g. cd /home/username/mupen64/), and ./mupen64plus on the terminal to run it. Copy and paste the full output after pressing the config button and nothing happeneing into code tags on this forum.

OP
B

bgn

sorry, but you where right partially. i was using the mupen basic input plugin when i tried to get the terminal output. then i tried the with the blight input plugin and everything crashed because i have replaced the original blight plugin with the one from mupen64 0.5. Then i redownload 1.3 binary and i know now why i did what i did
the blight input plugin does not show on the input plugin list so i can not select it. that is why i replace the one from 1.3 with the blight plugin from 0.5.

so here is the terminal output from a recently download mupen64plus

Code:
Couldn't load plugin 'blight_input.so': libSDL_ttf-2.0.so.0: no se puede abrír el archivo de objeto compartido: No existe el fichero ó directorio

it says in spanish: cant open the file of shared object. does not exist the file or directory

edit: (the config works ok in mupen64 0.5)

Last edited:

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Install SDL_ttf.

Depending on your distribution this can be a different process.

Ubuntu
Code:
sudo apt-get install libsdl-ttf2.0
SuSE
Code:
zypper install SDL_ttf
Gentoo
Code:
emerge SDL_ttf

These may be slightly off as I've not been on some of these distros in a month or more.

OP
B

bgn

thanks it works now

the exact code in ubuntu 8.04 is (if anyone has the same problem)

Code:
sudo apt-get install libsdl-ttf2.0-0

perhaps you could place somewhere in the google code page the list of dependencies that mupen64plus have. because right now other people probably have the same problem with blight input

well thanks anyway and keep up the good work.

ebenblues

Mupen64Plus Dev.
perhaps you could place somewhere in the google code page the list of dependencies that mupen64plus have. because right now other people probably have the same problem with blight input

well thanks anyway and keep up the good work.
It's actually mentioned in the readme in the wiki:

http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/wiki/README

But our long-term plan is to get rid of the dependency on SDL_ttf so people won't run into this problem. Glad it's working for you now.