What's new

I Can't Get Record Of Lodoss War To Work On Chankast :(

Dreamcast112

ive got DC flash , and bios. bin files and ive tried 0.1 and 0.1 a and 0.2 and 0.2 a and of course ive tried it on the 0.25 and it crashes all versions . im using Daemon Tools v 3.47 ( just for info ) and every time i try to run it , it just crashes the whole emu on all 5 versions of Chankast . Ive Read on the compatibility list that it works on .25 and on 0.2 on 0.2 it supposedly runs with glithes yet it crashed my 0.2 it supposedly works on 0.25 pretty much full spd according to compatibility list and crashes that one too :( ive read some where that theres a "trick" to getting it to load but the person on that particular forum didnt remember what it was and is having the same problem im having if anyone has a solution to this please help , i love this game , it has alot of memories , and was excited to see that it worked :) but then dissapointed when its crashed all 5 versions of chankast when it suppose to work full on 0.25 and with glitches on 0.2 if anyone can help please let me know , thanks :bouncy:

Cid

Next time use the search feature.

Here is the "trick" I got from someone so credit goes to him/her :
extract all files to /FastBoot/DATA

copy a backup of 1NOSDC.BIN , rename it to 1ST_READ.BIN ,and move it to /FastBoot/DATA to replace the original file

copy 1NOSDC.BIN and IP.BIN from your cd image (or CD) to /FastBoot, and BINHACK

move 1NOSDC.BIN and IP.BIN to /FastBoot/DATA , and run b2b_game.bat

and that's all ~ you have a bootable DC image

Even if it does load, the game will crash during the first fight. See pic below:

Last edited:
OP
D

Dreamcast112

Cid said:
Next time use the search feature.

Here is the "trick" I got from someone so credit goes to him/her :

Even if it does load, the game will crash during the first fight. See pic below:

Fleebus090

Record of Lodoss War WORKING completly on Emulator

Well after about 2 years of trying to get Record of Lodoss War to work under emulators I FINALLY DID IT! the first step (and probably the most important) is to get a GDROM copy of the game (dont think you can skip this step, loading up cdi, or iso's or whatever into nulldc will not work) . GDROM copies of this game are downloadable but as the rules say i cant tell you where, but there around. look for that first. after that its simple. You MUST use a GDROM copy, and you MUST use nulldc. load up nulldc, go into the options, turn off: fpu underclocking, cp pass, and dynarec (in that order). if you dont turn these off the game will load but will freeze at the first 3 enemies (zombies or skeletons). turning off these options will get you past the "freeze point". having these options off really slows down the emulator, but the great thing is, once your passed the "freeze point" you can save your game, close nulldc, then load it back up, turn the options back on, and presto! you have Record of lodoss war, Running at high speed on an emulator. In 2 years of searching the net, i have yet to see a clean concise explanation as I have just given, and am almost pretty sure I'm the first one to have actually done it, if thats not the case, why did 2 years of searching never EVER give me this explanation? so, hopin to get some props here :) well, at the very least, i'm patting MYSELF on the back, cuz nobody else gave me this info, I had to bust my balls for ages to get it to work. Have fun playing. FLEEBUS090

Fleebus090

reply lodoss doing it wrong

Where am i wrong or doing wrong? I got it to work. if your saying I was searching wrong (maybe cuz I posted on an old thread), posting new threads has never gotten me anywhere other than hearing "try another version of chank/nulldc" "make it self-bootable" "your bios must be corrupt", and above all "theres already a thread for this" (even if its 3 years old). Posting new threads also gets me answers like "your doing it wrong". I google my way to forum topics, I dont sign up for every forum on the net and then search them (although I can say I'v signed up for quite a few) with no results. Either way, if you know of a post that already explained this perfectly, show me. Either way I posted my message to help anyone stuck loading Lodoss wars (here and several other sites). This is the only one where I got a "brusk" reply. oh well.

Trotterwatch

I would say, there is nothing at all wrong with bumping an old thread with a solution. I can understand people getting annoyed if the bump is a simple 'ok' or 'lol'. If it contributes, which this one did then IMO it's valuable.

If this wasn't a good thing IMO, we would have had all threads over x amount of days without posting auto-locked.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Where am i wrong or doing wrong? I got it to work. if your saying I was searching wrong (maybe cuz I posted on an old thread), posting new threads has never gotten me anywhere other than hearing "try another version of chank/nulldc" "make it self-bootable" "your bios must be corrupt", and above all "theres already a thread for this" (even if its 3 years old). Posting new threads also gets me answers like "your doing it wrong". I google my way to forum topics, I dont sign up for every forum on the net and then search them (although I can say I'v signed up for quite a few) with no results. Either way, if you know of a post that already explained this perfectly, show me. Either way I posted my message to help anyone stuck loading Lodoss wars (here and several other sites). This is the only one where I got a "brusk" reply. oh well.

Yeah yeah... my point is that if you took the time to ask for help from either here or from the nullDC forum, or even if you just searched on the the nullDC forum for a possible solution you would be able to get the game working the first time you encountered your problem instead of 2 years later.

Fleebus090

Well, being as I started looking like "everywhere" a long time ago, I wouldnt doubt if i had already asked on this forum (cant be too sure though). And if I had, I'm sure I would have would up like the other 2 guys at the top of this thread, they wrote their questions like 4 years ago, and as you can see, other than a complicated way of making a cdi bootable, their questions stayed unanswered. THats why I posted my original message, nobody ever answered those guys. And if I had started a new thread, I would have been told "theres already a thread for that" as I see often....so, yeah yeah..just have fun is all that counts. Thanks <G>

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The game was not compatible with any emulator 4 years ago (when this thread was made) so there was not a solution available. Now that there are more advance Dreamcast emulators out there it's natural for some to be compatible with the game (up to a certain degree).
It's not about looking everywhere or something, it's about searching on the right place... and the right place for nullDC is not the Chankast board.

Note that I'm not bashing you for trying to help here, your intention is to help people out and that's good enough. It's about the problem you had. If you searched for help on the nullDC board (that's on ngemu by the way) then either the forum members or the nullDC authors would help you out. Same goes with the rest emulators, the Demul authors pop up every now and then on the Demul forum (which is here on emutalk :p) to help people out, same goes with Makaron and its author, etc.

genie99

Well after about 2 years of trying to get Record of Lodoss War to work under emulators I FINALLY DID IT! the first step (and probably the most important) is to get a GDROM copy of the game (dont think you can skip this step, loading up cdi, or iso's or whatever into nulldc will not work) . GDROM copies of this game are downloadable but as the rules say i cant tell you where, but there around. look for that first. after that its simple. You MUST use a GDROM copy, and you MUST use nulldc. load up nulldc, go into the options, turn off: fpu underclocking, cp pass, and dynarec (in that order). if you dont turn these off the game will load but will freeze at the first 3 enemies (zombies or skeletons). turning off these options will get you past the "freeze point". having these options off really slows down the emulator, but the great thing is, once your passed the "freeze point" you can save your game, close nulldc, then load it back up, turn the options back on, and presto! you have Record of lodoss war, Running at high speed on an emulator. In 2 years of searching the net, i have yet to see a clean concise explanation as I have just given, and am almost pretty sure I'm the first one to have actually done it, if thats not the case, why did 2 years of searching never EVER give me this explanation? so, hopin to get some props here :) well, at the very least, i'm patting MYSELF on the back, cuz nobody else gave me this info, I had to bust my balls for ages to get it to work. Have fun playing. FLEEBUS090

Good job dude ..... couldnt find a <3ing solution anywhere even in nulldc's forum. I can't find a GDROM copy to download over the net though ... stuck with a CDI copy. Anyway the stupid game's taken too much of my time I'm gonna go get another to play with till a working copy is uploaded somewhere.