What's new

HyperDS update....

_Chrono_

aka Chrono Archangel
Well this isnt a fun news im afraid... Here's what the author had to say:

DarkFader has leaked a two week old copy of my emulator. Any plans for a public release in the near future have been cancelled.

UPDATE
It looks like more than one version of my emulator has been leaked. In any case, they do not support commercial games and most of the homebrew demos either do not run or experience graphical problems. Please do *NOT* e-mail me with questions regarding these leaked versions. I would hereby also like to ask emulation sites not to link to, or host, any version of HyperDS.

damm...some people can be stupid sometimes...

HyperDS Homepage

smcd

What an asshat. One person's stupidity causes a whole lot of others to do without.

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Well, if he doesn't make it public, what's he gonna do? Try and sell the emulator? Hope he knows that's very illegal to do such an asinine act.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
dragon_rider said:
Well, if he doesn't make it public, what's he gonna do? Try and sell the emulator? Hope he knows that's very illegal to do such an asinine act.
He don't want to make it public yet because he's a intelligent guy, he will develop it more and add more functions and the importants thing is, he want to wait till the DS is some month/years old and available everywhere in the world, because it's shit to publish an emu with the release of a console!
He would never sold it...

ArcaneLore

It's his work, and he can do whatever he damn well pleases with it. If and when he has a semi-working emulator for commercial games, however, he has an academic obligation to release the emulator, along with its source.

OP
_Chrono_

_Chrono_

aka Chrono Archangel
ArcaneLore said:
It's his work, and he can do whatever he damn well pleases with it. If and when he has a semi-working emulator for commercial games, however, he has an academic obligation to release the emulator, along with its source.

he doesnt have any obligations whatsoever

aprentice

its for the best, there shouldnt be a public commercial running emulator when a platform is still in its prime :p

GbaGuy

hyperds.com is back to it's pre-"hate war" form. DarkFader's DS page seems to
indictate that he at least thinks he "won" (neither FireFly nor DarkFader have publicly
said anything about it other than the explanation on hyperds.com AFAIK).

A running "commentary" of the events can be found at the GBADev.ORG Forum Thread:
http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=5079

smcd

aprentice said:
its for the best, there shouldnt be a public commercial running emulator when a platform is still in its prime :p
Yeah, it really could be for the best. My rules are usually if(console_age<3years) pass();