What's new

Huge Rices Slowdowns

OP
Hal

Hal

Bartman
Sorry, this is way off topic, but I keep getting a message of a system shutdown and I keep have to restart. It is counting down can antyonye

Clements

Turning on frameskip helps a lot (either in the emulator or plugin or both). Rice's plugin performs very different in speed to Jabo's plugin, sometimes Rice's is much faster, while in others, Jabo's is faster. For some games, the CPU/GPU requirements of Rice's plugin can be high enough for sub-1GHz processors not being able to cope.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Hal said:
Sorry, this is way off topic, but I keep getting a message of a system shutdown and I keep have to restart. It is counting down can antyonye

This is the Blaster virus....... restart in safe mode and delete the msblast.exe in windows dir..... and scan all your computer with a antivirus......... and keep your windows updated......

Trotterwatch

Hal said:
Sounds like MSblast

When you get the countdown:

Start>cmd
Shutdown -a
or
Shutdown /a

Now turn on the XP firewall and run windows update. After that download an MSblast or similar removal tool.

(no need for safemode btw)

OP
Hal

Hal

Bartman
Thanks to everyone for your help. Turns out when I reinstalled XP, it took all of my updates with it. I ended up having to reinstall all of the updates. Thanks again to everyone.

Other than that, I found that rices is not as slow as I thought, what happened was whenever I load Zelda OOt, I look at the save screen and the speed of that. I was stuttering so slow so I assumed that the whole plugin was slow. When I actually played some of the game with the plugin, I found that it ran pretty fast, though with countless glitches. I found that the previous verson works much better with my Radeon and thats what I am going to stick with until the next release, assuming the glitches are fixed. Thanks again to everyone for my bug problem, I really appreciate it.

Veracity

Emu Controller Freak
Hal said:
load Zelda OOt, I look at the save screen and the speed of that. I was stuttering so slow so I assumed that the whole plugin was slow. When I actually played some of the game with the plugin, I found that it ran pretty fast, though with countless glitches. I found that the previous verson works much better with my Radeon and thats what I am going to stick with until the next release, assuming the glitches are fixed. Thanks again to everyone for my bug problem, I really appreciate it.

fpt Zelda OoY use the subscreen delay chet to fix the slow pause screen