What's new

how to install sound plugins?

zamac_man

Sound will not work on paper mario but will on other games. The sound works with paper mario on pj64 but does not run that good. I know how to install video drivers but when I extract the sound and put it in the plugin folder it will still only let me choose schibos. Am I putting it in the wrong folder?

OP
Z

zamac_man

I downloaded jttl_sound and put it E:\n64\099\plugin the same place I put my video plug in

Trotterwatch

Check the downloads section, Azimers audio plugins are very good. You should also download PJ64 so you can use Jabos Direct Sound. Note to use Jabos Dsound in 1964 you need to use the RSP plugin out of PJ64 also.

OP
Z

zamac_man

sound still does not work. I have pj64 but it runs like crap and when I try to install new video plugins it tells me I am missing msvcr71.dll

-Shadow-

Banned
Put the msvcr71.dll + msvcp71.dll + msvcr70.dll from the 1964 into the PJ64 Folder in order to use the new plugins...

OP
Z

zamac_man

H3ad5h0tter said:
Put the msvcr71.dll + msvcp71.dll + msvcr70.dll from the 1964 into the PJ64 Folder in order to use the new plugins...

thanks, I should have figured that out but I can not have on the directx becuase it says I need 8 but I have 9 and on opengl the graphix suck

nm i had old plugins

on paper mario where mario first finds the princess and right bfore battle with koopa it lags big time

Last edited:
OP
Z

zamac_man

ever time I start to go into battle it start lagging really bad. Is ther anything to change to fix this?

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
Just a side comment, but in Paper Mario, schibo's audio needs the RSP plugin as well. In fact, I'm guessing that all sound plugins do.