What's new

How to ask for help, a newbie guide

The_Agent

This Is A Custon User Title :p
Right if you want help here's what to do

1. Provide as much information about your system as possible, or better yet add it to your profile as a signature.

2. Post the error as the topic title, as this will help us more, just saying things like "error" or "HELP!!!" is not a very good and clear way of asking for help and 9 out of 10 times will just get your post ignored.

3. Make sure you read the F.A.Q BEFORE you post as this might just fix your problem with out the need to ask silly questions and annoy people.

4. Check the compatability list if your problem is to do with a game.

5. Use the Search function, that's what its there for do an advanced search and select which forum it is for as this will narrow your results.

6. Clearly define what the problem is, just stating that X game runs slow and not providing us with information like CUP and graphics card specs is just going to get your post ignored as well.

7. Google is a masterful bit of coding and can be found here Google.

8. Don't ask for ROMS/CDI/ISO's/DC bios files as you will be banned and other nasty stuff.

All text in red is click-able. so you dont have to search for the buttons

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Good try... Unfortunately it won't really help. You can't expect from people to read this if they ignore every single sticky thread. If they don't have the brain to read threads like "Read this before posting" they will not really read anything... You can't help being stupid.

Oh well... Some people are really helpless :p

OP
The_Agent

The_Agent

This Is A Custon User Title :p
lol true,

i find it amazing how many people display acts of stupidness by completely ignoring the amount of red text that says READ HERE BEFORE POSTING and other such stuff

just shows that some people expect everything to be handed to them on a plate and forget that everyone running forums like this, doesn't get payed for it

also it amuses me how people post with questions about the fact that they cant get there game to work/run, that they do so but to not state what specs they are trying to run it with or with out even checking the compatibility list, most think that we are mind readers and know what game they have and what computer they have to:huh:

but i think the best one has to be

"why isn't this game running 100% on this emulator"

if anyone wants a game to be 100% compatible DON'T use an emulator and use your DC/PlayStation/n64 Etc.

Last edited:

RCduck7

Sorry, should have read it.
But that doesn't mean you should judge people you don't know for real.
I'm registered in several forums and i don't have the time to read everyone of them as i don't spend all day on my PC, as a matter a fact PC's and internet is a bit new to me since i only got it a few months now.
But this forum has a more delicate topic and is not easy to draw the lines as it is to a certain extent all illegal.
Sorry again and don't let it spoil your day, there are other things we should worry about, like saving the earth and nature for instance.
Soma peace of technology can't compete with that. ;)