What's new

how do i use a nintendo 64 controller

Old gil

how do i use a nintendo 64 controller in the emulator like plug it into my computer? is that possible? and if not how do i change the default keys for PJ64 it has somethin to do with the plugins?

jollyrancher

There are alot of adapters, but the best is the Adaptoid. Use the NRage input plugin with PJ64, go to the input settings and configure them to your liking and it should work great.

OP
Old gil

Old gil

i will check the adaptoid thing out but in the mean time how do i change the default keys? also i am checking this adaptoid thing out is it available in stores like wal mart or radio shack or best buy some place like that and i have 2 USB ports in my comp if i get 2 could i use em to play a 2 player game?

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
Doomulation said:
It is. But it's cheaper if you order it from the emu64store, however.

hm... i just noticed that emu64store sells the adaptoid for $5 cheaper than ZTNet Store, even though it appears to be manufactured by ZTnet. why is that?

i kinda wish someone had told me about emu64store before i ordered mine :(

dnrobs

dont worry about it zalbee,emu64store has no adaptoids in stock so you cant buy one from there anyway.

Steveman610

I got my Adaptoid at china town! I live in the los angeles are and in chinatown there is one shop that specializes in game stuff. They gots adaptoids!

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
whoa thats awesome! i totally forgot about the asian connection. i should pay a visit to the Pacific Mall in toronto then... =) i assumed they'd focus on the, uh, "import" playstation games ;) and not n64.

dnrobs said:
dont worry about it zalbee,emu64store has no adaptoids in stock so you cant buy one from there anyway.
heh, i got it a while ago actually. it broke, but its ok, they're replacing it for free :)

Mr_Saturn

Steveman610 said:
I got my Adaptoid at china town! I live in the los angeles are and in chinatown there is one shop that specializes in game stuff. They gots adaptoids!
do u know around where ?? lol so next time i go to la i can check it out i usually get firecrackers from china town

NeoNight

Old gil said:
hmmm sweet *goes to NYC chinatown* ill check that out!

they probably got it there, a friend of mines had gotten an adaptor or something like that from there. In an case I think you can use a money order the adaptoids main site or something. As a matter of fact thats how I got mines lol I ordered it with a money order.