What's new

How do I unistall Linux????

Matata

Novato Experimentado
Well I´m about to install SuSE 9.0 in my PC (which already has XP in it). In case I don´t like it: How do I uninstall it? Can I format just the partition that was created by SuSE in the installation program (the partition where SuSE is installed) so nothing happens to XP and all work and important things I have stored in my HD????

Eagle

aka Alshain
You would have to delete the partition assuming your using the Linux file system. Then a good partition manager can merge it back into your windows file system.

Eagle

aka Alshain
You can install linux on a partition made from your free space, however you should procede with caution. The OS will not erase your hard drive or even repartition it without warning you of what you are doing first.

JX030389

I reccomend you get Virtual PC. It lets you run multiple OSes off one computer. You can get it off Nova or buy it from Microsoft (new owner)

Lex

But if you remove your linux partition your linux bootloader stays(if you chose to install one), but if you remove it too, you can't boot to your windows anymore.

Quvack

you can remove the linux bootloader by booting ur comp with the win xp cd, going into recovery console or whatever its called and using 'fixmbr' it'll fix the master boot record.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Quvack said:
you can remove the linux bootloader by booting ur comp with the win xp cd, going into recovery console or whatever its called and using 'fixmbr' it'll fix the master boot record.

heh beat me to it.