What's new

Home-Made Video Game

yegosimo

Bug Killer
My class is planning about making a Home-Made Video Game in which we will create ourselves in a Super Smash Bros-Like game...
A professor told us that he would teach us how to make the game with Macromedia, but I think that it won't be a good idea.
I was thinking that it should be better if we get to modify the ROM of the game, like those new texture projects that are going on with OoT and Super Mario 64, etc. We would create textures of our faces and then use them when emulating, but I'm not pretty sure if it's going to work.
Any ideas or suggestions about how to make it and which program to use?

Last edited:

Quvack

Modifying a rom/making a texture pack for a class project isnt really that useful for anyone, learning to use Flash (i imagine thats what you mean by Macromedia) would be of more use to everyone, and give them some skills they could possibly use in the real world.

Regardless of that, your best bet is to check out the 'High Resolution Texture Projects' forum we have here (under the 1964 forum) and you'll find everything you need to know.

OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
But which would be the easiest way to make a game... apart from Flash and ROM-Modyfing?

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
But which would be the easiest way to make a game... apart from Flash and ROM-Modyfing?

I would recommend Java. Thats if you have a lot of time on your hands though... unless you already know another programming language, then it will be easy.

OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
Yeah, my classmates and me.
So do you guys think that Java would work ???
Consider the type of the game... It would be an imitation of Super Smash Bros.

Quvack

It really depends on what the teacher is trying to make the class learn from it all, Flash is a lot easier than learning java from the very start -> having enough skills to be able to develop an entire game.

There's a bunch of 'point and click' style game creation software out there, but from the sounds of it the professor wants you to learn Flash.

OP
yegosimo

yegosimo

Bug Killer
It won't be something related to the teacher... We had the idea and the teacher told us that he would help us out with Macromedia.
However, I posted here to know if that was the best choice, and not Java or modyfing the N64 ROM...

EDIT: Look... We want to make something like this:
Super Smash Flash by McLeodGaming.com (Save Target As...)

Last edited: