What's new

Hm... Playing ZSNES on a notebook

Talas

Son of the Sky
Hey everyone,

I just got this very nice Toshiba Notebook with a 15.4'' monitor. I tried to play some good ol SNES games on it (with ZSNES). It does work but I can play it only in a window since my notebook has a 1280x900 (I think) resolution, broad screen. Any possibility to stretch ZSNES to that length?

thx in advance,

Talas

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Yup, 1280x960 is Full Screen and stretched, with filters. thats as close as you'll get. Press the maximize button in windowed mode to see if it goes full screen. laptops tend to be rubbish for gaming (I own one) so you might be better going for a lower resolution.

like say, 640x480 DS F.

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Yes, why don't you just bump your laptop resolution down? That size is outright obnoxious if you ask me, as least for just a 15in lcd. I have both my laptop and desktop (which are very nice computers mind you) set at 1024X768, and it's plenty enough room. My screens are the same size as yours as well.

OP
Talas

Talas

Son of the Sky
Well actually I also thought that 128o res would be too high for the notebook but strangely enough, it isnt. The experience is very good. Mind me, on my homepc (19 inch) I also have only 1024x768, dunno why it feels differently. Anyway, ZSNES works fine now, with a lower res and the games run just great.