What's new

Help with Super Sai mode

cyclops

Hello gaming folks. I've come here with hopes that someone can help me with this problem I'm having. The thing is, everything runs fine except for my super sai mode..when I use it (windowed or fullscreen) the music and the graphics slow down a good bit. When I use the hardware stretch option, it runs at 60 fps, but when I go to super sai, it runs at about half that speed, around 34-35 fps. I have a pretty decent video card I think, it's an Nvidia GeForce MX 4000, with the current drivers. My OS is Windows 98 SE. I actually upped the frame rate a little by changing my resolution from 32 to 16 bit, as I have read things online saying that may help, but it still runs slow. I was wondering if anyone knows of any other things I could do to speed it up...video cards settings or things of that nature would be welcome as well, since this is the first vid card I have bought, and I don't know much about how they function.:huh: Any info is much appreciated, as I would really dig using this mode, the graphics are unreal.

Toasty

Sony battery
I don't think the Super Sai filter is processed by the video card; it gets processed by the CPU, so having a good video card probably won't impact the speed of that particular filter. A faster CPU is what you'd need to speed it up. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

EDIT: Do any other (non-hardware) filters run at full speed? If so, which ones?

OP
C

cyclops

Thanks dude.;) Yeah..I thought it might be something like that since I downloaded Jnes on my mom's computer when I was staying with her a couple days to play a few games. The super sai mode worked at normal speed on it, but she has a different OS\computer than I do, so I guess the cpu is faster than mine. I'll just have to live without it..ah well.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
cyclops said:
Thanks dude.;) Yeah..I thought it might be something like that since I downloaded Jnes on my mom's computer when I was staying with her a couple days to play a few games. The super sai mode worked at normal speed on it, but she has a different OS\computer than I do, so I guess the cpu is faster than mine. I'll just have to live without it..ah well.

Can i ask, do you have an option to enable Fastwrites? if so have to tried enabling them to see it fixes the issue? :)

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
cyclops said:
I've never heard of that..I could possibly have it. How do you access it?
Well first you would need to see if it is enabled on your mobos bios and if not enable it. Then you would/should have an option in your GFX control panel to enable/disable it. For example its under the Smartgart Tab on the AGP section of my Radeon Card.

OP
C

cyclops

I looked in my bios, but don't see anything called fastwrites..I'm assuming it's called something different in there? Excuse my ignorance of the subject..I'm so-so when it comes to all this computer jargon..:huh: ..I learn new stuff all the time though. I also found this program that lets you tweak your vid card settings..and it has the enable fastwrites option, but it says I need to enable it in the bios before it will work, like you have said.

Last edited: