What's new

help with Majoras Mask

!REVENGE!

yo. I'm runnin Windows XP SP2 1.5 GHz with 256 MB RAM. I just finished Ocarina of Time about a week ago (great game) without any glitches/slowdowns/problems. I proceeded to play Majoras Mask, but something is messed up. I open the rom, right? ([!]) and it shows the start sequence thing with the Mask floating, I click start for the "Zelda: Majoras Mask" title to appear. Then click it again to create an account, I type in my name, then click start, I find myself in a view of "The mayors room" or something, the Z-target thing locks onto something at first but then my view is jerked away, when I click any button, my view slides down, and the game is frozen from there (with music on.) What up with this? I dun think I got a bad rom because it has a [!] thing on it plus I tested many other derivatives of Zelda6 and this problem happens on all of 'em. I heard something about the "Interpreter core" that needs to be checked for some roms to work. I played around with the settings including changing the core and everything. Now I cant play Zelda6 at all, I mean I can see its title menu and beginning scenes but now when I finish creating an account and press start: the screen is just black.
Help me out here. What's goin on?

P.S I didnt try to play the rom with other emulators but I don tthink I need to, because the PJ64 team claims Zelda6: Majoras Mask is emulated fine. So maybe I need to adjust the PJ64 settings in some way for the ROM to work? Any of u know?

Thanks.

Blacklord

Banned
well i think its a bad rom. And when such problems occur don't mess around with the core setting couse it is'nt likely to be from there.

OP
R

!REVENGE!

I tried it with 1964. It was able to load and it works fine, this time the game is correct and I start out in the beginning scene of the game (beign thrown off Epona). But 1964 isnt my choice of an MUL8R for N64, as it is not as great as PJ64. Why cant it run on PJ64? Anybody have any ideas what might be wrong? Maybe I need to set the settings up specifically to suit the game in order to work?

Hashes for Zelda 6 - Majora's Mask.z64:

CRC32: B428D8A7
MD5: 2A0A8ACB61538235BC1094D297FB6556
SHA-1: D6133ACE5AFAA0882CF214CF88DABA39E266C078

OP
R

!REVENGE!

I downloaded the RDB settings thing from the PJ64 website and nothing worked. Playing Majoras mask is still bugged. When I press start I appear in a view of the "Mayors room" and cant move or nuthin just like before. If my settings arent right (or the default settings in this case) anyone know what the ideal settings are for Zelda6 to run normally?

Thanks.

marat569

Umm,
did u try looking if you have any cheats on?
becouse maybe the beta cheat is on,
becouse in the OoT beta cheat u start in hyrule feald,
maybe here u start in mayers place,
if u still got probs,
send me a im on aim and ill give u the rom.
my aim is dekiller987

OP
R

!REVENGE!

Nope. No cheats are enabled. And I would rather not DL another 20 MB, I got a .7z archive with majoras mask and about 30 derivatives, i dun think Im missin anything. But give me the MD5 digest of your ROM and i'll see if I have the one you do. Thanks bro.

Blacklord

Banned
I have also have a prob with Majora's mask: The press start screen stopped appearing. I can only play thanks to my instant saves which skip the intro. But the rom is good/was working till i downloaded the RDB i think.

harger

where do you go to play Legend of Zelda Morja's Mask? I am new and I don't know what to do. please respone.

Blacklord

Banned
It ain't the rom couse on 1964 it works and on my second computer it also works on pj64. I remember doing a throught rutine check on my comp.(can't remember why) and remember damaging this rom and others. Could be that.

OP
R

!REVENGE!

I did try all the derivatives and none of 'em work. no ROM is damaged (i never did anything to em) but I dunno, would the other guy respond to my last post and give me the MD5 digest of his working ROM? that way I would know. And also, all the Zelda6 roms work fine on 1964 but not on PJ64. And 1964 sucks.