What's new

Help Wanted

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
sk8bloke22 said:

look at the link in azi's first thread. :sleepy:

nah it does deserve a congratulation, just wondering, how well does it work in other plugin's...i dont know much about emulation. if the game is compatible on the core, and the gfx plugin is say, capable of playing banjo kazzoie (which quite a few are now), how likely would it work on that gfx plugin? if thats a dumb question, plz feel free to slap me.
Jabo has stated that his plugin can emulate the Tooie gfx. So that's no problem.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Sorry, it was a stupid suggestion. The biggest problem is that if Azimer publish anything concerning Tooie, a few minutes later you'll have hundred of questions like:

How can i compile pj64 to play Banjo Tooie ?
or
Where can i find the executable ?
or
Where i have to put the file in pj64 ?
or
Is it a cheat ?

And there will probably be one guy that will compile an emulator with the tlut even if it is just partially working and there will be even more questions and ...

And last but not least, Azimer will lose his time to erased stupid messages in his mail box.

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Yup... and I'd rather not release the LUT... but rather have a proven algorithm to put into the projects (PJ64 and Apollo). The LUT is nothing more then a hack and it doesn't even do that well since there are hundreds of codes in the game to extract. And I only have about 30. On a good note. I think I have found the way the values are generated. I am just unsure how the source modifies the values as it does.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Azimer said:
Yup... and I'd rather not release the LUT... but rather have a proven algorithm to put into the projects (PJ64 and Apollo). The LUT is nothing more then a hack and it doesn't even do that well since there are hundreds of codes in the game to extract. And I only have about 30. On a good note. I think I have found the way the values are generated. I am just unsure how the source modifies the values as it does.
That's nice. It seems that you have managed to accomplish something with tooie, azi. Good luck!