What's new

Help Needed!

koolkarts

Sexy Beast
Hi there guys! I want to buy a new processor for my computer, but I'm not sure which one to buy, as apparently it should match your motherboard. I'm not sure what type of motherboard I have, so how do I find out which one it is and buy a decent processor? Help would be greatly appreciated.

/Edited by mod
Just removed the illegible font, colour and bolding options you selected. The colour in particular was near impossible to read with the dark skin.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteX

you should post what you got now, to do that try to search your drivers cd and post a picture or look on the bottom line of your computer first boot screen and write it down then post it.

maickel

when ur not in youre OUT
bingo..

youll need a P3 450 that matches youre motherboard configuration.
it seems that you cant get higher than a p3. at the most 8oo mhz

maickel

when ur not in youre OUT
theres one option u also can do for finding youre type of motherboard or processor..
i dont know if youre working under xp 98 or 95 but it works as the same..

--> goto start --> configuration --> system

i work under xp..and you have to see this..

maybe that will work also..
goodluck

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
maickel said:
bingo..

youll need a P3 450 that matches youre motherboard configuration.
it seems that you cant get higher than a p3. at the most 8oo mhz
Umm, if you haven't looked at his profile, may I suggest doing so? He's already running a Pentium 3 at 880 Mhz. My guess is he's running the Coppermine Pentium 3, which that being the case, they don't get much higher clocks on CPU than 1 Ghz. So my suggestion to koolkarts is to at least consider replacing the entire motherboard, CPU and RAM. There really isn't too much room left to upgrade in your current setup. Also considering the age of your PC, a video card replacement would also be highly recommended.;) Also maickel, please stop with making multiple posts, it's really starting to clutter up the threads.

maickel

when ur not in youre OUT
generalplot said:
Umm, if you haven't looked at his profile, may I suggest doing so? He's already running a Pentium 3 at 880 Mhz. My guess is he's running the Coppermine Pentium 3, which that being the case, they don't get much higher clocks on CPU than 1 Ghz. So my suggestion to koolkarts is to at least consider replacing the entire motherboard, CPU and RAM. There really isn't too much room left to upgrade in your current setup. Also considering the age of your PC, a video card replacement would also be highly recommended.;) Also maickel, please stop with making multiple posts, it's really starting to clutter up the threads.

ok true..but then you can buy a whole new computer..
and you can build it up untill if im right with a p3 realy to the uppermax at 1200..but that i dont know fo sure
but its impossible to only mod the processor couse the mainboard or the powersuply will blow up..
couse in the old mainbords they have those old crappy connectors..if you know what i mean..so its hardly not possible..and so..i have to agree with you ..

GCFreak

He will not get very far with Socket 370, Try socket 478, or if you're a Hard Core, Go Socket T (lga775) I recommend Socket T. Depends on what you're budget is. From my experience, 478 is the cheapest alternative.

WhiteX

WhiteX said:
you should post what you got now, to do that try to search your drivers cd and post a picture or look on the bottom line of your computer first boot screen and write it down then post it.

Now that was some stupid post!:blush:

Now seriously, do you got money to go on a full upgrade, kooldude or are you on a budget?