What's new

Help me to choose a card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Trotterwatch said:
Tagrineth, it isn't a matter of life and death you know. Stop getting so wound up by someone daring to choose a card which you know is inferior to your other recommendations (of which it was made clear this person couldn't afford). You are right they are wrong... so what, big deal.

The world keeps a turnin'. The person is happy with the card, he's happy we should all be happy.

Out of interest what card would you have recommended he get? Consider his location, his needs and availability of said card where he lives. I know the main gripe you had was with other things but the recommendation of a FX5200 was decent in this situation. It fufilled all criteria specified.

I know it isn't a matter of life and death, but this is pretty much my specialty, and if there's one thing I really can't take, it's when people challenge my knowledge or mock it in useless ways - hence the very first part of my previous post to this thread.

Sheik124 tried to suggest that in my zealotry I set the 5200 to extremely high special settings, without realising that that would make the card look even worse (performance-wise)... and then Clements challenged me outright, again in a somewhat stupid way. (no offense to Clements - he is certainly an intelligent and level-headed individual, and I could probably stand to learn a few things from him... jury's still out on sheik124 though. :flowers: )

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
5200 sucks.

Ho ho.

Seriously though, it's looking like 6850 / 6950 / whatever the second card is, is gonna be the one for me. £390? Why not, whoo...

You're right though Clements. I only got like 3 months of laughing at all and sundry because I had the greatest card on the market. THREE MONTHS! Barely worth it.

Mind, they were incredibly pissed off...

sheik124

Emutalk Member
Trotterwatch said:
Anyways, the S3 Virge is the greatest card of all time, at least we can all agree on that yeah :)
lol i have that in an ANCIENT box, i used to play this one DOS-based racing game that was optimized for it on it, i believe it was called Whiplash, pretty fun, and tag, go fuck off, how could you possibly recommend the 9600SE over the 5200? its the biggest lump of shit i have ever seen, i'd rather pay like 15 dollars more and just get a 9600, although i've slowly become an nVidia fanboy

Status
Not open for further replies.