What's new

Help: Mario Kart Running too fast!!

pukey

Hi everybody,

I just discoved PJ 64 last week and am having a great time playing all my old games again. You guys at PJ 64 are doing a great job. As soon as your site is back online ill be donating.

Anyway, I have been playing multiplayer mario Kart and everything works perfect apart from the Donkey Kong Jungle level in the special cup and also bowsers castle. For some reason the game starts running 50% faster, it still plays real smooth, but everything is so quick that its too hard to control the racers and it takes the fun away.

Does anyone else have this problem? How can i slow it down to its normal speed?

Thanks, Luke

OP
P

pukey

i forgot to mention that this only happens when playing multiplayer. its really strange.

OP
P

pukey

NES_player4LIFE, how do I do that. i cant find it in the settings.

Is it really like that in the N64 game??? no one else has mentioned it.

Clements

DK Jungle Parkway really is faster on the real thing. I've had the game for nearly 10 years.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
pukey said:
NES_player4LIFE, how do I do that. i cant find it in the settings.

Is it really like that in the N64 game??? no one else has mentioned it.

yes dk is faster

To change the C\F
Click on options, then settings, then Rom settings and it's the 6th row down.
1 is fastest 6 is slowest.

The game must be running to be able to change these settings.

Last edited:
OP
P

pukey

do any of the other circuits run fast for u guys on multiplayer? like bowsers castle, moo moo farm and the sky scraper battle zone?
thanks for the info on counter factor, has made it a bit better.

Tri4ce

I remember this from when i played a long time ago.

My guess was that nintendo had to tweak the performance in those levels for multi cause of extra controller support to multi + complexity of those levels would have been bogged down under regular cicumstances.

just my shot in the dark.

Its seems to me someones done a hell of a coding job for this to stay in syc with the true n64
machine. Kudos Project 64 team.

Last edited:

theboy181

Hi everybody,

I just discoved PJ 64 last week and am having a great time playing all my old games again. You guys at PJ 64 are doing a great job. As soon as your site is back online ill be donating.

Anyway, I have been playing multiplayer mario Kart and everything works perfect apart from the Donkey Kong Jungle level in the special cup and also bowsers castle. For some reason the game starts running 50% faster, it still plays real smooth, but everything is so quick that its too hard to control the racers and it takes the fun away.

Does anyone else have this problem? How can i slow it down to its normal speed?

Thanks, Luke

Multiplayer speed fix
81001C90 240A
81001C92 0002
81001C94 240A
81001C96 0002
81001A38 2409
81001A3A 0002
81001A3C 2409
81001A3E 0002