What's new

Help in health

Miretank

Lurking
Hmmm, I am needing help and counselors. On a important and serious matter I must say. :)

My problem is this: I have stomachal disturbs, diagnosticed as GERD. Fact is that I am in a long time battle against it, I get better sometimes but others I go really worse, like I am doing now. I am taking Pantoprazole, but looks like it is not help any much. Last wednesday I went to my doctor and he gave an ultimate to me. Said that if the new remedy he prescripted to me won't work, I have to make a specific exam to reflux, that include tubes and pipes inside my nose... argh.
I've asked him to give some food diet but he said that what I eat is independant of my disturb. I don't believe in that so much, so that's why I am asking help. My feeding is not good - I barely have 3 feeds per day, 'sides my rest time is always chaotic. Any ideas of natural and good foods to help me? Homemade medecine? Hints to help me to change my habits?

That's it, any help will be very welcome. :)

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
lol, you should obey your doctor advices, that's the best advice I can give you. Also ask your doc about famotidine... it's better than pantoprazole

Toasty

Sony battery
I don't have any advice beyond listen to what your doctor says, but I hope you get to feeling better soon! :(

OP
Miretank

Miretank

Lurking
It's because I am sure my wrong feeding is also contributing to my disease. I'll take the medicines my doc is telling me to take, but I also want to do parallel things to increase my chance of healing. :) I think a good feeding (a better food menu, stable feeding times, good sleep, exercises and whatelse I can do) can help me to hang on and get better faster. :) That's what I want to discuss: what more can I do, 'sides taking remedies? :)

Toasty buddy, thanks. :) I'WILL B BETTAR, U'L C ;)

smcd

Avoid spicy and greasy foods, foods with lots of tomatoes or other high-acid contents (citrus fruit), alcohol... sort of kills a bit of the fun in life though eh?

WhiteX

i got a friend with that disorder, he got a diet of feeding often on small portions.
He was also advised by his doctor to get his bed "head" 5cm taller than the "feet" for a better digestion at night.
If you get second thoughts about your doctor´s diagnosis, go get a second opinion.

OP
Miretank

Miretank

Lurking
sethmcdoogle said:
Avoid spicy and greasy foods, foods with lots of tomatoes or other high-acid contents (citrus fruit), alcohol... sort of kills a bit of the fun in life though eh?
Exactly, that's what sucks. To live always selecting what to eat. :/ And mind you that I don't eat fries and conserved foods already.

X said:
He was also advised by his doctor to get his bed "head" 5cm taller than the "feet" for a better digestion at night.
I don't sleep on my bed, but on my sofa. :/

WhiteX

dude, due to your condition, you may want to talk to your parents about your sleeping place, remember that this is a sensitive family, health and monetary issue, so don´t take the word of a bunch of nerds into account, go see other doctor and follow the lifestyle modification to the core, i just read the Wikipedia article and what i told you is already there, also is tha fact that with medicine and modificationd on the life style, 95% of the afflicted by this disease, have improved their condition.

OP
Miretank

Miretank

Lurking
I don't sleep in my bedroom cause it's messy. XD
My mother only knows to say "you should review your lifestyle - you should sleep and eat right" - but that's not easy. To change all those habits, o man, it'll be hard. I've tried it once a while, but mreh. :(

WhiteX

I am the biggest meat eating, beer drinking son of a bitch, but, with my daughter coming and my weight growing, i am now on soy meat, why?

Because i want to see and help that little girl grow, and she is not even born yet.

You´re young, think off all you could miss if you don´t go through the effort now, booze and junk food are nice, a full, healthy and happy life is way better.

Fabricio_EX

Buddy, I really want you to get better. I won't say anything different from what the guys here said: do exactly what the doctor said and put some efforts on changing your habits, you're the only one who can do it!! Eating at the right time is essential, and the right foods as well. Listen to what the guys here said and, of course, to your doctor; talk with your parents about it too, I'm sure they will help you more than us! Hope you get better soon!

Allnatural

There are plenty of online resources that can help you with lifestyle changes, though I suspect you already know what you need to do. It's still best to follow the advice of your doctor though. The last thing you want to do is follow the advice of a bunch of freaks on a messageboard. ;)

Hope you get things under control.

Last edited:
OP
Miretank

Miretank

Lurking
X said:
I am the biggest meat eating, beer drinking son of a bitch, but, with my daughter coming and my weight growing, i am now on soy meat, why?

Because i want to see and help that little girl grow, and she is not even born yet.

You´re young, think off all you could miss if you don´t go through the effort now, booze and junk food are nice, a full, healthy and happy life is way better.

Man it's just not fair, a 16 kiddo with this shit of GERD heh. :/
Other guys with same age as me get smashed and eat even the pork's flesh. :( Well I don't like pork mreh :p

Heeeey thanks for all the support guys :D I am really happy now :D
But anyone else faces this problem? Like, what could I do when I get bad? Any tea, errrm, herbs? XD

WhiteX

tomorrow the other kids will be boozed up high colesterol bitches, you will get to be the fresh breath, thin and sober ladies man. :D

OP
Miretank

Miretank

Lurking
Wow, the new remedy will cost me around R$300, that's for two months of treatment. Shit. (R$300 ~ U$130 I think).

smcd

There is something sold in the US called "nexium" which is supposed to help with acid reflux and even claims to be able to help repair damage caused. No idea how well it works, how safe it is, etc. but might be something to ask http://www.purplepill.com/

OP
Miretank

Miretank

Lurking
That really catches my attention, but I guess I'll need to import it. =\

Edit: yay, went to my OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGIST he said my nose and throat are ok. :D I had problems with my nose, still have some, quite disturbing. But he said it's a-ok so :)

Last edited: