What's new

Half-Life 2: Work damn you, work!

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Coming home after an hour drive from the insidious Wal Mart demon fortress I proceeded to board up my room and reap the rewards of my daunting quest.

*/Zelda treasure finding sound/*

Alas, the best in what 2005 had to offer is in my hands... Half-Life 2! I pop in the CD... "Enter CD key"... no problem, i actually bought this game... E-GAD! Its not here!

*/Dragula by Rob Zombie plays loudly in my puny car stereo... "BURN through the witches!"/*

I cruise 15mph over the speed limit hunched over like a bearded Cruella de vil off to kill some dalmations. "Grumble, grumble, BAH!, grumble."

*/Pink Panther theme song... i casually make my way to the front of the hellish Wal Mart 'customer service' line.../*

Latifa behind the counter dosent care that I budded in line... shes talkin' with Jamal on her sparkly pink RAZR, doing her nails. She directs me to some down-syndrome looking mecha-demon of a lady. After explaining to her (for about 30mins) that I can't play this game without a CD key ("whhhaaatt?? wells you gots tha game discs dontcha??") she finally breaks down and gives me a fresh copy of the game... I imagine her getting eaten by thousands of monkey-bat demons as I thank her for her helpfulness.

*/Fan Fair (the battle victory song from the FF series, you neglected child)/*

Finally! I sit down in my comfy armchair (situated in a position to view both my TV and my computer) and install *shiver* Half-Life 2...

*/6 hours, 18 mountain dews, and 852 "Windows update" prompts later/*

I fire up Steam... Updating... and whats this? Incompatable video drivers! Hurray! Fire up Opera>>Google... Oh and what do you know? Theres absolutley no way in Satan's grotesque cracked out racist hell that I can play this game with my video card!

Fast forward a few months... I just bought a Dell E1505 laptop with an ATI x1400 (256mb) video card (waiting for it to come in the mail)... the question is... will Half-Life 2 allow me to install it on my other computer with the same CD key that i used on my other computer or will I run into problems? 'Cause I really don't want to have to deal with that shit. Furthermore, how does the ATI Mobility Radeon x1400 stand up performance-wise gaming?

WhiteX

Steam, Starforce, all the same.

This sort of crap makes perfectly legal users to resort to cracking.

bcrew1375

Steam should allow you to install the game on any number of computers assuming you're logged in with your account. It locks the CD key to your Steam account. The thing is you can only use one copy at a time since you have to be logged into Steam.