GTA Vice City ScreenShots

CoDeX

Emutalk Member
vc.jpg

vc2.jpg

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
nice :D

btw CoDeX, when Halflife 2 is released, you just have to show us it running on your 233 mhz too! :D

I'm going to beat CoDeX. I'll post some screenies of a few games created on a 486 dx/66 with a voodoo 2 soon. By the way, was Vice city playable or was it too slow for words?

Can you post some screenshots of Grand Prix 4 on your 233 mhz too?

Knuckles

codex some questions:

1-how many hidden packages have you found?

2- at what speed the game is running?

3- how dare you got 200 of health and armor?????????? I can only have 150 of armor and 125 of health!

On my side, I really prefer Vice city than GTA3, it is running at full speed :D , ambiance & light is more clear, bright, gta3 looks dark and boring...and slow each time I see it...

Last edited:
he is playing at like 10 fps i doubt more than that..

btw i`m struck just after the mission where you have to be driving real fast if not then the car explode. nobody is giving orders right now..

ra5555

N64 Newbie
dayve said:
Someone please tell me... does Vice work better on shit PCs like mine than III?

It should be playable if you play on a relatively low resolution and reduce the draw distance. In VC, the higher the resolution the better the computer hardware has to be. You might as well give it a try if Codex can get it working.

Knuckles

well, actually, I thing he will run it faster now, he just got a new PC:

< CoDeX- > OS: WinXP Professional 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build #2600) CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2200+, 1.80 GHz Video: Monitor Plug and Play on S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR (1024x768x32bpp 60Hz) Sound: VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio (WAVE) Memory: Usado: 94/224MB Uptime: 51m 3s 25ms HD: Libre: [C:] 66.99/76.31 GB Connection: 1-Telefonica Net via 56000bps External Fax Voice Modem @ 49200 bps (Recibido: 2.72MB Enviado: 0.32MB)
< CoDeX- > i have new PC!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Great! but "Video: Monitor Plug and Play on S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR (1024x768x32bpp 60Hz) " you should really change that ! ;)

Davemc

Dave
I have some money and want to buy a new graphics card, but the best looking I can afford is a 128MB GeForce FX5200. Is this any good?

EDIT: Oh, and do DDR Graphics cards work on mobos that have SD RAM like mine? Fuck... I'm a n00b.

Last edited:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
dayve said:
I have some money and want to buy a new graphics card, but the best looking I can afford is a 128MB GeForce FX5200. Is this any good?

No. Stay away from the entire GeForce FX line, they're pretty much all crap... especially the 5200.

The only one I'd ever recommend is the 5900 Ultra, but that's only for the rich fuckers who can afford to spend $500 on a video card. :saint:

What's your price range?

EDIT: Oh, and do DDR Graphics cards work on mobos that have SD RAM like mine? Fuck... I'm a n00b.

Absolutely. Video card RAM is totally separate from main RAM... hell, I'm running a DDR video card with DRDRAM... on a Pentium 3! Whee!

Let's see... actually at this point, if you want a great budget card, look at SiS's Xabre (whatever the top model is). They've fixed all the image problems they were hammered for early on, and now compare very well to ATi and nVidia's offerings... at a much lower price.

Davemc

Dave
Do GeForce 4 MX 440s suck altogether? Because they are cheap.
I looked for SiS Xabres but could only find where to buy a 400 and not a 600 and I suppose the 400 is one of the early ones you were on about...
Anyway a piece of carboard would be better than what I have now..

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Tagrineth said:
No. Stay away from the entire GeForce FX line, they're pretty much all crap... especially the 5200.

The only one I'd ever recommend is the 5900 Ultra, but that's only for the rich fuckers who can afford to spend $500 on a video card. :saint:

What's your price range?

Absolutely. Video card RAM is totally separate from main RAM... hell, I'm running a DDR video card with DRDRAM... on a Pentium 3! Whee!

Let's see... actually at this point, if you want a great budget card, look at SiS's Xabre (whatever the top model is). They've fixed all the image problems they were hammered for early on, and now compare very well to ATi and nVidia's offerings... at a much lower price.

Actually, I would now recommend FX5200 over the readon 9000 after the new detonator FX drivers. It seems to me that now FX5200 will be able to out preform readon 9000 in additon to full support over DX9. (FX5200 is really cheap too) However, the FX5600 is too expensive to justify its cost, get the readon 9600 pro instead.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
dayve said:
Do GeForce 4 MX 440s suck altogether? Because they are cheap.
I looked for SiS Xabres but could only find where to buy a 400 and not a 600 and I suppose the 400 is one of the early ones you were on about...
Anyway a piece of carboard would be better than what I have now..

No, the whole Xabre line has the quality issues fixed. But the 400 will probably be noticeably slower than a 600 would be. If you could find a Xabre 600, though, that would be fantastic.

GeForce4 MX line lacks shaders of any kind - they're basically GeForce2 Revival with marginally better anti-aliasing.

EDIT: GeForce4 MX is literally GeForce2MX with marginally better AA, higher clock speed, and um... that's all. Very little is changed in the core. I'd hardly call that an 'upgrade' at all...

Actually, I would now recommend FX5200 over the readon 9000 after the new detonator FX drivers. It seems to me that now FX5200 will be able to out preform readon 9000 in additon to full support over DX9. (FX5200 is really cheap too) However, the FX5600 is too expensive to justify its cost, get the readon 9600 pro instead.

Please tell me you're talking about the FX 5200 Ultra. =)

And the problem with the 5200 Ultra vs. the Radeon 9200 Pro... is that while the 9200 Pro can handle DX8 rather well, the 5200 Ultra just dies in DX9, making the extra features useless.