Graphics problem

googy

First of all Computer specs:
CPU parameters listed in the picture.
attachment.php

Graphics card: NVidia Geforce 6600 Gt.

Now about the problem.
I tried to run Robotech: battlecry.
I can hear only sound but get no graphics, the screen remains black. After the intro ends there is no sound and nothing happends whatever I press.

Of course, Robotech: Battlecry is not listed in CKemu's compat list, but it is listed in Dolphin emu compat list for a previous version with screenshots attached. Visit the following url:
http://www.dolphin-emu.com/lookup.php?gameid=95

So it should work at least for preveous version of Dolphin emu. I tried to run Robotech:Battlecry with versions of Dolphin emu v.1.02, presented on http://www.dolphin-emu.com/. According to the author of the page, the game should work and go even ingame.

But I get the same result as for new version of emulator, but with higher speed :cat: In addition, Dolphin v.1.02 shows not just a back screen, but a screen with the following text:
attachment.php

This picture represents what one can see after the intro ends, what can bee found by listening to the intro musik.
fps during the intro equals ~4 fps, after the intro ends it hangs at about 250 fps (can be seen in the picture). In the beginning of the intro the picture is the same, but all data presented consists of zero numbers.

Switching shaders on, off doesn't help, switching Device type to Ref in Graphics plugin ends in emulator crash if I try to run the game.

What can be the possible problem?

P.S.:
1)Dynarec enabled, ignore unemulated opcodes enabled, but this seems to be necessary, changing these parameters will end in the the game not booting at all.
2)This can not be the problem of the ripped cd image, cause, first of all, I've been able to extract files from it and watch the ripped videos with no problem. I also checked the disk with FSTFiX_GUI_0.89b, it tells the image is ok.

Some more screens that may be useful:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Tried to tell all necessary information.

Last edited:
OP
G

googy

BlueFalcon7 said:
well, I have to say, for a n00b, you did all the right things...
except read this (check the bottom)

Well, mr. professional, it's you who is a n00b, if you think that I haven't read this post.

If you were not a n00b you would understand that speed is not the problem I am talking about. (I've read the post you talked about once more specially for you) The problem I am talking about is that I get no graphics output but other people's experience shows that I should see something. The question is why.

Try to think of some better advice. Or just be quiet.:yucky:

Last edited:

tnt2005

Emuman
Your pulling a fit over a simple comment "BlueFalcon7" made because he called you a n00b and told you to read the rules but in reality he gave you a compliment "for a n00b, you did all the right things...", .

1:A comments that you made that I did not like:

'According to the author of the page, the game should work and go even ingame.' (for the majority of people it will but for some not, no garantees, from what I've read members are always willing to help and give suggestions, patience is the key.)

2: Don't expect round the clock tech support,there are some members(not including me) that can help you with your problem, only with patience.

3: If you found that "BlueFalcon7" comment was inapropriate you could have explained your intentions were good and you were just trying to find a solution to the problem in question.

4:Your comment "Try to think of some better advice. Or just be quiet." <-- no respect

Anyway maybe you were having a bad day, for now I wish the best of luck with you getting your problem solved.:plain:

OP
G

googy

2 tnt2005

Thanks for your answer. I just hoped that people who have experience of testing this emulator knew for instance some pecularities or problems concerned with the use of my type of cpu or graphics card (though it's recognized as a good one by the emulator).

Is there any way to contact FIRES? I just wonder what were the specs of PC on which he booted "robotech battlecry" with emu v.1.02.

I have nothing against "BlueFalcon7", but he should be more polite to new members who might not uderstand his professional slang. Moreover I've written a detaled description of the problem. It's not polite to answer in several sentences which can be just considered as "go to FAQ n00b".

I don't expect or ask for immediate answers. :party:

P.S.: In some countries "rubber" is just a thing which one use to erase pencil marks. But there are also countries where one can be charged for asking a woman, if she has one...

OP
G

googy

Still it seems that there must be a rather simple answer for the problem. As I said, I hear intro sound, but don't see video. Intro is written in .bik files which are standart. As far as I know Dolphin is able to run .bik files. But in my case I hear sound but don't see video. This must not depend on what game I boot.

ChaosCode

Try changing no shaders to 2.0 and see if that helps any. most games need 2.0 to show graphics. Hope that helps.

OP
G

googy

ChaosCode said:
Try changing no shaders to 2.0 and see if that helps any. most games need 2.0 to show graphics. Hope that helps.

As I told in the beginning,

googy said:
Switching shaders on, off doesn't help, switching Device type to Ref in Graphics plugin ends in emulator crash if I try to run the game.
information.

I'll try to launch it on another pc and see the difference.

BlueFalcon7

tnt2005 said:
Your pulling a fit over a simple comment "BlueFalcon7" made because he called you a n00b and told you to read the rules but in reality he gave you a compliment "for a n00b, you did all the right things...
thanks;)

but googy, I was reading your post kinda quickly. You wouldnt beleive how many people come to this community everyday complaining about how slow the dolphin is. and I read over quickly and saw
googy said:
fps during the intro equals ~4 fps
so I had kinda assumed it was another FPS complaint. You might want to read that last FAQ (if you havent already) for when you do get it working. As for your problem right now, I dont know what to say because I dont have Robotech: Battlecry.

ChaosCode

you can try pressing random buttons, sometimes there is like a menu you cant see and pressing random buttons will pass it, this is the case for MP2. I would also try wireframe mode.

OP
G

googy

I tried to run Dolphin v.1.02 on

CPU: Pentium Pro 2025 Mhz MMX SSE SSE2
CARD: NVIDIA Geforce Go 6200 TE 64M/660 TE 128 M

Get the same picture:
attachment.php

Has anyone got such a picture using Dolphin v.1.02?

OP
G

googy

There is some more interesting info.

I tried to run this game using GCEmu. Here are some screenshots:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Compare them with the ones presented for Dolphin v.1.02 at page:
http://www.dolphin-emu.com/lookup.php?gameid=95

It's not strange because GCemu creators write Credits:
Fires (Dolphin Emu) - Allowing us to greatly improve the emulation by doing a source code exchange

It's obvious that GCemu uses code for graphics taken from Dolphin v.1.02 (no pixel shaders and other) It played videos with no problems on both configurations I've mentioned.

This makes me wonder more and more why Dolphin doesn't want to show videos and at least menu graphics on my computers.