What's new

Gran Turismo HD is a total rip-off!

Jaz

Ex-Mod
This is incredible.

According to Famitsu, Gran Turismo HD will be released in two versions, one with no cars or tracks (at all) and the other, called “premium” with 30 cars and two tracks. Then the point is to go online and buy additional cars through Sony’s online system. The price of cars will range from $0.43 to $0,80, while the price of tracks ranges from $1.71 to $4.26. There are approximately 750 cars and 50 tracks in the game. You do the math.

Now, any sane person will immediately acknowledge this as probably the biggest next-gen rip-off in 2006. Never mind the $600 console, or the $60 games, selling games “empty” and charging for the content is unheard of in today’s videogame culture. Apparently, milking every penny out of loyal gamers is the true “next-gen” spirit.

Good luck with that, Sony. :unsure:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
The PS3 is gonna flop, I know it with all my soul. Even if every single car was $0.43 it'll cost you over 300 bucks for them all, and easily over $200 for the tracks - SCREW THAT, I expect gran turismo to allow me to unlock cars through gameplay not money, suck all the challenge out why don't ya.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Hmm... It seems like everything leads to Wii now. I'm tired of Sony's and M$' policies.
360 had quite a number of problems so far and PS3 looks like the next generation rip off technique. Not to mention that except from the "next gen" hardware specifications they don't offer anything "next gen" when it comes to the gameplay itself... and this is what really matters on videogames.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
If other games for the PS3 follow the same "strategy" as GTHD, the the PS3 is 100% doomed

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Hey, don't boycott Sony just yet... they've delivered two excellent consoles with a gargantuan library of games... and they deserve some respect.

I love my Playstation games... I still play them from time to time. PS3 is gonna be awesome... if not unoriginal.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Just because they were good once or twice doesn't mean they will always be good you know, don't be such a blind follower - Nintendo had the NES and the SNES in which it dominated the market then Sony came along, its about time Sony was knocked back down so another console can reign supreme for once. It's only fair, besides with the extreme cost of the thing the console is screwed anyway theres no way in hell i'll ever be able to afford it.

Just to make sure I don't come off as a Nintendo fanboy I'm going to state that I much prefer my PS2 over my gamecube and Xbox. Still love my Xbox 360 and since I can't afford nor can buy the PS3 because I live in europe (I could import but thats not the point) it is therefore unattainable - don't really want it, sony has put me right off. The only reason I would buy the PS3 is if i knew it came ready to be modchipped so I can play emulators and crap on it :p

Last edited:
F

fbff

Depends on how much the game costs (without any cars or tracks). If that is for free or $10 or something, and I am only interested in a few cars and tracks, this deal would be a good thing for me.

Knowing Sony, the game won't go for $10, it'd be $80

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I wonder.....

I buy a PS3, then I buy GT HD, then I grab a few cars and tracks. I enjoy what little I have for a bit in single player mode, but yearn for something more. So I jump in for some online play. I meet up with about 10 people who are ready to race for pinks! But wait three of them did not buy a certain track and can't even race with us. The I realize I didn't buy several other cars so I can't even see these other two fellas?!?

I think not Sony

I wanna go Wii

Flash

Technomage
tye stik said:
Hey, don't boycott Sony just yet... they've delivered two excellent consoles with a gargantuan library of games... and they deserve some respect.

That's why i'll buy new PS2, (my old one is half-dead - can read only CDs because DVD laser is dead and new head costs about 2/3 оf new console)

As for PS3 - there's no need for boycott... it's greed kills the mouse, not mousetrap :)

The only reason I would buy the PS3 is if i knew it came ready to be modchipped so I can play emulators and crap on it
Indeed. :)

davidpoiu

Don't worry, with this, the PS4 won't exist never.
Now only remain than a lot of other good games use the same "strategy"

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
tye stik said:

I love my Playstation games... I still play them from time to time. PS3 is gonna be awesome... if not unoriginal.
I can't say Sony has made any quality machines, though.
The playstation looked ugly, so does the PS2. Not to mention the poor hardware which breaked a lot of times. They past two consoles were not exactly "saints." Sure, the playstation was sony's first and last good console. It was easy to develop at top-notch at the time it launched.
But the PS2... let's see... expensive hardware: drains more power than the gamecube, which in fact, actually has BETTER hardware than the PS2, not easy to develop for... it's sony... right?

I realize that both Sony & Microsoft are making it hard to create games for their newer consoles, though still, Nintendo does not make it so. I wonder why...

WhiteX

It is that same old market strategy that horsepower sells, Nintendo is going the other way.

In the past, the Sony consoles remained on top because of Nintendo´s naivete in adult oriented games and good exclusivity contracts.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
SlimickGamer said:
But why did Microsoft bud in the console war? Isn't that kinda a bit rude?
Indeed. Why does Microsoft put in built-in burning, anti-virus and firewall and anti-spyware and lots of other stuff into windows? Because they want to replace commercial programs with their free programs, thus stealing the market from other companies.
When they're gone, they can license their own software to customers and Microsoft wins big. The same applies to the consoles. It's another area that Microsoft wants to capture.

Cobrax1884

Banned
i'm not going to blame sony for that, blame the developers and the team that makes the game.Did sony want that game to be like that? i don't think so.
I'f i'm to buy the game and then all the cars and the tracks and the console it would probably cost me 1000$ so, the game will probably cost about 500-600$
i'd rather buy a X360 or a wii than the game

Ugh....sometimes I just hate corporations...they change the course of the Earth's people and mostly do it for just plain green stuff a.k.a money....

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
I can't say Sony has made any quality machines, though.
The playstation looked ugly, so does the PS2.

At the time they looked pretty badass to me... when they came out with the sleeker versions I was near panting.

Ugh....sometimes I just hate corporations...they change the course of the Earth's people and mostly do it for just plain green stuff a.k.a money....

You should watch this documentary called "The Corporation". They compare the 'corporation' (which is defined as a person under the constitution) with someone deemed 'pathological' in terms of psychiatric methodology.