What's new

GoodN64 renamed rom bug???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojo

Yesterday, I decided to download GoodN64 (from emutalk.net) and GoodWin (Win front-end), I renamed all the roms I got. And I loaded up 1964 to see how 1964 rock with neat renamed roms. But the all ROMs have grey (unplayble) smile face icon. I recheck GoodN64 again and I confirm nothing I do wrong when renaming ROM and I'm sure my ROMs are GoodN64 set roms. Is it a bug? Could anyone have a check up on this. Thx.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
um, what do all your roms have for names now? All of mine show (Name of game) (region) !, if its anything other than ! it's going to show up grey most of the time.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
well, I dumped 19 cds into good n64, and found out that many of of the year old set were bad. it renamed a lot of them to h1, o, f1, b1, b2, etc, instead of !. If this happens, 1964 is gonna say they are bad.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Definitely stay away from the [bx] ROMs. The ROMs named with [bx] at the end are definitely bad ROMs, while the [hx] ROMs are questionable, because they were hacked in some way ROMs.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
the vast majority of the roms in the 1964 ini that have an entry, are ! roms. Anything else has a very good likelyhood of not having an entry.

OP
mojo

mojo

It's very weird! Last time I run 1964, all smile icons shows up correctly. Then I run 1964 again, all icons faces not shown up. Strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.